Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy Points 2014 RCSI

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has any clue which way the points will swing for pharmacy in RCSI this year and any information on what life is actually like as an RCSI student?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 josephine expi

I'm really hoping it stays the same or drop by a few points. I got 560 in the leaving and I know it was 555 last year but I don't feel safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Throwaway25

Got 565, hoping for Trinity, doesn't look likely though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I have trinity and ucc down for pharmacy but I'm hoping that I don't get an offer tbh .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

i got 555 was hoping for trinity but thats not happening :( just praying i will get rcsi now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 calumquinn222

I've never met someone else who wants to do pharmacy so it's sort of interesting talk to ye :L the last thing I want to do is lose out on random selection :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

why do people think that they wont get into Pharmacy in Trinity??

Yulkmn wrote: »
    why do people think that they wont get into Pharmacy in Trinity??

I know I can but I have recently decided against it . I don't think its something I want to do anymore . It looked appealing at one stage but no more . The traditional job of a pharmacist looks really boring and apparently is from people I've spoken to . Sitting behind a counter all day seems boring . Apparently it requires more work than other courses and the payoff isn't worth it .
    I put all 3 courses down as choice 4,5, and 6 .

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I know I can but I have recently decided against it . I don't think its something I want to do anymore . It looked appealing at one stage but no more . The traditional job of a pharmacist looks really boring and apparently is from people I've spoken to . Sitting behind a counter all day seems boring . Apparently it requires more work than other courses and the payoff isn't worth it .
    I put all 3 courses down as choice 4,5, and 6 .
    I was really asking @throwaway hahah as he said that he doubts he'll get into it with 565 points

Yulkmn wrote: »
    I was really asking @throwaway hahah as he said that he doubts he'll get into it with 565 points

No worries

Usually partyatmygaff does his points estimates for medicine and pharmacy around this time. No clue if he's planning on doing it again this year (I haven't checked tbh). But as far as I remember points dropped by 10 from 575 to 565 for TCD this year so another drop could happen but not likely to be honest.

• Advertisement

Since they dropped by 10 last year I could see a 5 point rise . Maybe 570.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sheep95

Hi guys, I had Pharmacy down in TCD then RCSI. I got 565 also so to me it looks like it it will be down to random selection again probably around 565 or 570. In RCSI I think if you have 565 you're safe anyways, it never went beyond it. I have a theory though that because demand for med went down, that could increase points in the para-medical sciences ( pharm, physio etc) lets hope not though!

As more and more people comment in this thread, the less confident i get :(

Huell wrote: »
    As more and more people comment in this thread, the less confident i get :(

Don't worry about it, this is all speculation like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Unfortunately i'm skipping this year for points estimations. It takes up a lot of time between the LC points and round 1 offers and I just happened to be too busy this year to run it again. I'll be running the estimations again next year but by then, the LC, CAO and points should all be (hopefully) slowly fading in to ancient history!

At the end of the day, it doesn't change anything. Whether you'll get a round 1 offer has been decided already with your points and it's just a matter of time to see if you'll get a round 1 offer or need to wait for later offers/appeals!

Anyone keen on Trinity pharmacy should read (and post!) in this thread on the TCD forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056364984

And if you want to know anything about pharmacy, Trinity or Trinity Pharmacy in particular, shoot!

Hi guys,
    I got RCSI pharmacy in the end, fairly happy with that. I'm just wondering does anyone have any suggestions with regard to student accommodation in Dublin?
    Any help is much appreciated :)

Got offered Pharmacy in RCSI as well. Cya in a few weeks :)

Scraped trinity with 565!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Congrats to all you new RCSI Pharmers! I've just finished final year and I'm about to start my pre-reg/MPharm, so I'm happy to answer any questions ye might have. Hope you enjoy every minute of it!

got rcsi, absolutely delighted

• Advertisement

Congrats to all you new RCSI Pharmers! I've just finished final year and I'm about to start my pre-reg/MPharm, so I'm happy to answer any questions ye might have. Hope you enjoy every minute of it!
    Do you know what the story with laptops is? I can't seem to find any solid information.
    Did you stay in RCSI accommodation? if so what did you think of it?

Thanks for your help :)

Do you know what the story with laptops is? I can't seem to find any solid information.

in the moodle it says 13' macbook air for the laptop :) i think we get it on reg day

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dreamer33

For the people who got RCSI, where are you all staying for accommodation?

Does anyone know how much the fees are in first year? I've tried online but I can't find it.

dreamer33 wrote: »
    For the people who got RCSI, where are you all staying for accommodation?
    I managed to get mercer court this afternoon haven't confirmed it yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dreamer33

I managed to get mercer court this afternoon haven't confirmed it yet though

Mercer is really expensive though :/ Don't know what to do, ideally something off campus but I don't know anyone going to RCSI.

Yep, back to the Macbooks this year (jealous!) - you'll be given those on your orientation day after you've had all of your talks and tours etc. Our experience has been that the IT department are VERY unhelpful when it comes to problems with the laptops, so take care of them - they won't be replacing or repairing anything readily if something goes wrong :rolleyes:

I actually lived at home for the four years but Mercer Court is quite popular with first year students especially. It's ridiculously handy - couldn't get closer to the library or the college if you tried! Very pricey though! The Griffith Halls of Residence are also quite popular with first years, as is the Aungier Street Student Residence.

Fees should be around €3,000 this year as they were €2,750 last year!

Thanks pfannkuchen :) It seems fairly impossible to find accommodation anywhere useful at all, so I'll probably accept Mercer Court, thanks again :)

Broadstone Hall in Phibsboro was also popular with people when I was in first year - bit away from the college but walkable and the buses are very handy. If there are still spaces, it would be a very good option. The accommodation situation does seem to be mental this year alright!

• Advertisement
Advertisement