Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anon uses Metro to publicly shame random guy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Because you can tell if someone has a boyfriend by looking at them. Bitch.

Liernes wrote: »
    However, the female staff consider men doing this to be "creepy" but not for women to do it...

Women have better peripheral vision. In general, women tend to either have a look or not have a look, and usually quite sneakily. From what I've heard we actually check men out more than we realise. Men can sometimes be quite obvious though.

I've no problem with someone having a look at my body. If I didn't want anyone to see me I wouldn't go out in public. But when you're going about your business and someone is quite obviously having an uncomfortably long stare at your tits, I think it's understandable that you'd get a bit pissy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Assume everyone has seen the ad on TV...

"Where's your stop?"

"About three stops back"

"Giggle" [Flutters eyebrows]

ie. Exciting, romantic, gives me butterflies etc if you fancy him
    Creepy, Stalker, write into the Metro Herald if you don't fancy him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know a girl who had some weird guy just start masturbating beside her on a packed Dublin bus

The same thing happened to me on an Aer Lingus flight between London and Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Paully D wrote: »

If only he'd taken some sleeping pills and slept the whole trip away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Eathrin wrote: »
    Does she actually think anybody's going to read her note:confused:
    But it was in the Metro! Whatever that is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair to her, it might be the case that this guy is eyeing her up every day in the creepiest, perviest way possible.

Message seems to imply that it was only one day. She talks about "this morning" and she's hardly wearing the same clothes every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Skanger on bRed line thinks she's *all that* shocker!!!

'Anto burst him'
    'U lookin ah my moh?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Paully D wrote: »

Ah, I get it eventually. Blame it on the Nurofen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

If I want to perve on people in grey cardigans I just go to an INTO meeting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

If I want to perve on people in grey cardigans I just go to an INTO meeting!

I've no idea what you're saying, but I thanked your post purely because of your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anon? who's anon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

fryup wrote: »
    anon? who's anon?

Sshhh! She'll hear you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Liernes wrote: »
    This was posted in the YEH BIG RIDE section

A classy publication, ain't no boutadoutit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Social workers could be trained and deployed on public transport to counter this scourge on humanity.
    Wanted: people to perv on pervs... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

She needs to get over herself - we all do it. It's only creepy if you stare at someone for the full journey, especially if you've been noticed.

And green jeans and grey cardigan and boots? He was probably trying to figure out why someone would choose to put those colours together.

How do you know he wasn't staring for the whole journey

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Why does she think it's a waste of his time? Maybe he felt it was time very well spent to be eyeing her up, rather than reading the Metro, for example. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

On the red line she should be thankful she wasn't felt up or mugged by some junkie!

I guess it's just one of those things that leads to a lot of these "Irish women..." threads - that need to insult somebody for daring to find them attractive.

Could she not just have taken it as a compliment that she was being eyed up and gotten a confidence boost from it, instead of trying to boost her confidence by putting somebody else down in the process??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I'm pretty sure this girl works for the metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

There are limits. I used to eyeball birds out of it if I was bored but subtly and not really for any longer than 10 seconds.

But there are some creepazoids. I used to see one serious cretin who took the Dundalk/Drogheda to Dublin train and he'd absolutely google mots to bits, once he used his camera phone to take a photo of an attractive young woman who fell asleep across from him. He was a big sweaty middle aged, overweight, cauliflour eared gimp.
    I also once saw him push a woman out of the way to get a seat. But most middle aged men in dublin commutes do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

RainMaker wrote: »
    On the red line she should be thankful she wasn't felt up or mugged by some junkie!

I guess it's just one of those things that leads to a lot of these "Irish women..." threads - that need to insult somebody for daring to find them attractive.

Could she not just have taken it as a compliment that she was being eyed up and gotten a confidence boost from it, instead of trying to boost her confidence by putting somebody else down in the process??

I missed the bit in the article where it said she was Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

How do you know he wasn't staring for the whole journey
    I don't, but surely she would have said somthing if that was the case. It's a bit extreme to put a notice in The Metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Leftist wrote: »
    There are limits. I used to eyeball birds out of it if I was bored but subtly and not really for any longer than 10 seconds.
    Our definitions of eyeballing girls out of it are quite different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

I missed the bit in the article where it said she was Irish?

Green jeans and a grey cardigan, foreign girls are too stylish to dress like that! :P

Actually it was the language, phrases and overall tone that made it seem like an Irish girl.
    You obviously missed the part of my original comment where I stated she was Irish as well for that matter! I merely implied it was the sort of response that would more likely be associated with an Irish girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

the_syco wrote: »
    Wanted: people to perv on pervs... :pac:

someone like Sexter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 ThinlyVeiled

She loved it.

Too bad it's not all that common for her.

Advertisement