Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

online dating

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

anhedonia wrote: »
    clearly the implication is that if you were a straight male it would not be easy sex.

Reckon you're a homo.

Errr, he is, that's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

clearly the implication is that if you were a straight male it would not be easy sex.

Reckon you're a homo.

Is gay easy??. Tell us more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Confab wrote: »
    Errr, he is, that's the point.

He could've been female.

my guess was a shot in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

hey a/s/l ? x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

cena wrote: »
    How many of ye have tried. How did it go for you.

Yeap, been getting the ride for a while now after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Reckon you're a homo.

Is that FYP that you've found sex difficult and blamed being straight yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

cena wrote: »
    How many of ye have tried. How did it go for you.

Went on a few dates, it was good fun. A lot less hassle than regular dates, I found, since you can sort out the weirdos before you actually meet face to face.
    I proceeded to marry the last man I met on an online dating page :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Shenshen wrote: »
    Went on a few dates, it was good fun. A lot less hassle than regular dates, I found, since you can sort out the weirdos before you actually meet face to face.
    I proceeded to marry the last man I met on an online dating page :D

So your man didn't know about the weirdo filter:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

1ZRed wrote: »
    pathtohome wrote: »
    female or homo?

What does being either one have to do with it?

Well let's face it, casual sex is easier to come by for gay men.

There has to be some trade off for the lack of equality!

floggg wrote: »

No denying that but a lot of straight lads are no victims either ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Colmustard wrote: »
    So your man didn't know about the weirdo filter:D

Nope.
    He's a bit slow that way, he still hasn't noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

No denying that but a lot of straight lads are no victims either ;)

No, not at all. And if straight men could they'd be at it just as much.

Unfortunately for them they decided a couple of thousand years ago to create a system which artificially prized a woman's "purity" thereby creating a social stigma against women who might be seen to enjoy sex too much, and might actually engage in the casual sex which they crave!

No, not at all. And if straight men could they'd be at it just as much.

Sure that's it. It doesn't matter which hole we fuck, gay/bi/straight, we're all built the same and have the same goal in mind.

And I do agree with the last part, if women were as easy as men, then straight guys would be getting it just as easily as we could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I've met up with loads of girls I got talking to online. Only one of them was through a dating site though, and that was fairly recent. It's a great chance to get a measure of someone's personality before you have to commit to anything.

Nothing worse than being stuck somewhere with someone with which you have nothing to talk about.

Also I totally heart nerdy, socially awkward girls and you tend to find them more easily online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

And I do agree with the last part, if women were as easy as men, then straight guys would be getting it just as easily as we could.

Total absolute BS. Women would just flock to the top 20% of guys like they do now EVEN MORE. That's why the monogamy system was created in the first place: to quell female pickiness and hypergamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Veronica P

Tried it in high school. Was interesting experience.

Total absolute BS. Women would just flock to the top 20% of guys like they do now EVEN MORE. That's why the monogamy system was created in the first place: to quell female pickiness and hypergamy.

That doesn't make any sense, how could things change even more? You could say that because of higher demand for those men, women would seek other guys that may not be as high on their list.

Anyway that point is stupid, there would be far more people to choose from and you'd have greater options so I don't get why it would be any worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've been using it on and off for over a year now. I've only met 2 people from it. It can be very time consuming sending out so many messages. I think you have to be patient with it. I had a look at that Adult Friend Finder site. It's riddled with spam and malware - at least according to my antivirus anyway. I'll stay clear of that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I've done it a bit long time ago, met some people and when we eventually met it was really obvious that we were only interested in one thing and that wasn't more dates or a relationship. Other times I've met some really cool people and became pretty good friends and still are!

Great fun if you know how to charm the wimmin with your words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Tried OD in college. Didn't work for me so was basically a rubbish experience to be honest. Tried it for a short while after but didn't stay long on it as I started to find it boring to be honest with you. The first 'hello' can break more barriers than you think in real life compared to OD it be put aside unless you make the effort.

There is a lot to be said for just going out and meeting people where ever you are. You meet people through circles which is probably better than be set up by a friend, blind date or through OD unless you happen to date in general and occasional other things. All about keeping busy is what I think if you have time someone you make time for them if not then its a different thing all together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hi! I'm Chuck and I like long walks deep into the woods, shovels and bags of lime.
    fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I met someone from here, not really the same thing though, or is it??

Met one guy from a dating site, went great, lovely guy.

Some complete mentlers on it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Someone needs to get laid ;)

mauzo wrote: »
    I met someone from here, not really the same thing though, or is it??

Met one guy from a dating site, went great, lovely guy.

Some complete mentlers on it though

Nah it's fine, you met me sure ;) :pac:

I've run into some headers. One that was into some seriously kinky stuff (with pics even, in hopes of tempting me!) a few couples in their late 30s and let's not forget the lad that wanted to buy my sweaty gym socks :eek:

You can meet many normal people and thankfully they made up the majority for me, and they've actually turned out to be very cool and laid back guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I'm trying it at the moment, but I haven't been on any dates yet, I did get appalling pictures sent to me though and I didn't even ask for it. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Aganica

Online dating sites are full of gold diggers!!!!

I got a number of a girl from an online dating website last week. She was very to the point so to speak!

She invite me to her city center apartment on Saturday night. She asked me for money soon after meeting her there and when I declined herself and her male flat mate, who was wearing a pink suit and feather hat, kicked me out.

My first and last experience of Online dating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

Aganica wrote: »
    Online dating sites are full of gold diggers!!!!

I got a number of a girl from an online dating website last week. She was very to the point so to speak!

She invite me to her city center apartment on Saturday night. She asked me for money soon after meeting her there and when I declined herself and her male flat mate, who was wearing a pink suit and feather hat, kicked me out.

My first and last experience of Online dating

That was a hooker mate, they're the only good thing about life when you're ugly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I tried it and it worked for me. Been with the OH for a year now. Our paths would never have crossed if it weren't for POF. Our interests are just so different. I would really recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Blah, it's all the same. Except online rejection you don't even have to use words.

Advertisement