Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem starting Renault Laguna 02

Options
  • 02-08-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

1.6 ltr Renault Laguna (2002) with approx 120K miles.

The engine doesn't want to turn over too easily if it has been left off over night.
    So in the mornings it takes its time for the engine to turn over (Aprox 5 - 10 sec). But once started, I can turn it off and on again without any problems.

It has never not started so far but it seems to be getting worse.

Anyone come across the same problem or know what the story is?
    Cheers all.

Comments

Might be the battery, get it load tested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Don't think it is James. The fact that it starts straight away if I start it a second time. It wouldn't have time to charge the battery in those couple of seconds that the engine is on.

To me it seems like fuel is leaking in slowly. So when its left a while, the spark plugs get wet. It then takes a while for the engine to start (i.e. drying the plugs) and so it will start really easily the second time as the plugs are already dry.

I think this could be the problem but I have no clue to be honest.
    I count myself as a theoretical mechanic. I know how cars work but I have no clue how to fix them.

Anyone else any clues who know what they are talking about.

(James that's a dig at myself and not you. Don't be offended by it and cheers for the input.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Go onto renaultforums.co.uk and search for how to clean the TDC aka flywheel sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Just waiting for my laguna to come back from the garage...had the same symptoms as yours. Eventually mine stopped turning over. I thought it was going to be a new starter.
    My mechanic says it was a dodgy connection on the starter and it's fixed.
    Might help?

Advertisement