Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

docked a half days pay for being sick

Options
  • 19-11-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Just a quick question. I was at work the other day and had to go home due to a serious ear pain which was affecting my vision. I missed approx half the day and now my employer is docking me a half days wages. My OH seems to think that there is a rule somewhere stating that if you turn up at work for "x" amount of hours but have to go home due illness that the company will pay you.

Any ideas?

F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Check your employment contract.

There is no minimum sick leave in this country, so in many companies there is no paid sick leave at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Unless your contract says so...never heard of someone being paid full day for that..obviously if you call in sick it's different.

Advertisement