Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

memory upgrade for hp pavilion ze2000

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

hi all,recently wheni upgraded my memory from 256 to 512 i run crucial scan and it states i have 512mb(all good)then when i go to control panel,system,general tab i get 384mb which has me totally confused!!!(could it have something to do with graphics memory???)
    thats the 1st wee problem.

Now I am thinking of upgrading again on the most recent ibood they have a 1gb ddr2 667 mhz but I am not sure if I can put this in my machine as crucial say ddr.
    This is what crucial are recommending for it:
    1GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR PC2700 memory module
    CT434683
    US $91.99

* Currency converter

* Module Size: 1GB
    * Package: 200-pin SODIMM
    * Feature: DDR PC2700
    * Specs: DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR333 • 2.5V • 128Meg x 64

anyone any ideas???
    thanks in advance
    john

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It could be that your graphics is shared memory. Check under the Display Properties->Settings->Advanced->Adapter. It should tell you how much is being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

thanks ruu!
    but what now?
    anyway to bring it down a touch?
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There might be an option to reduce the video memory in the BIOS settings when you start the machine.

Advertisement