Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with sound

Options
  • 15-09-2007 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Anyone able to help me? I'm having a problem with the sound on my laptop. When I start up my laptop there is no start up sound the same also applies on shut down. As well, if I try to play music in windows media player or listen to something on the internet there is no sound.

The computer is not on mute and the volume is turned up. I raised the volume to the highest level on the media player as well as on the little speaker in the right hand corner of the screen.

The start of this was last night. I had been originally been trying to fi:o x an error message. The error was hpqthb08.exe. While repairing this I had gone start > run > msconfig > startup. At the startup menu I had unticked HP webcam, HP pavillion photoloader and casio photoloader.

Any suggestions, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

hpqthb08.exe is related to HP Digital Imaging software on your pc, aside from that error, you should try and reinstall the sound drivers for the machine (Is it a Dell,Acer,Packard Bell etc...) Most pc's/laptops that are sold have a drivers folder in the C: drive, you could have a look and see is there one and within that probably an Audio folder. Worth a try , either that or Check Device Manager to see what Audio hardware you have and download the appropriate drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Thanks majiktripp. Knew that the error message was related to the removed software. It was when I had done this that the problem with the sound occured. Replaced the drivers and all is well. :D

Advertisement