Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another laptop screen problem

• 14-09-2007 4:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Firstly, sorry if this seems repetitive, but I have gone through the forum and cant find the info I'm looking for...

The Laptop is a Dell Inspirion.
    A few months ago the screen started to loose picture image... a quick adjustment of the lid and it would pop back in.
    The light is fine its a bright as ever but there is no image other than blocks of bright and dark etc.
    When it stopped righting itself I plugged it into a monitor and have been hapily using it in desktop mode since.
    But I'm starting college again in two weeks and could really do with a laptop that is mobile.
    So, I took it to a laptop repair shop and had them take a look at it..
    I was quite happy with their approach, as in they didnt try to sell me crap I didn't need or tell me it was doomed etc.
    They said it doesn't need replacement only a bit of a repair job that they could do no problem for 275euro!
    Now thats a price I just cant afford atm and at half the cost of the current market value of the laptop I don't think it is worth it...the money could go to much better use if I had it.
    The job seems to be connections cables etc and no hardware is needed... so that much just for labour is more expensive than the hourly rate of a tribunal lawyer!!!

Any ideas on where I could get this fixed up for a reasonable price... or if my diagnosis of connections is even correct and therefore merits a cheaper repair job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

If you are comfortable with a screw driver then it's something you could easily check yourself. If you prise up the bezel where the power button is, then remove the keyboard you can check the lcd connection on the video card and check if it is on tightly.

It does however sound like it is the connector on the back of the LCD panel itself is loose. This is still easy enough to get at. Remove the rubber "buttons" on the LCD and remove the screws. The LCD front bezel then pops off. You can then open the screws on the side of the panel so that the LCD itself comes out. Cthe cables on the back and see if they are attached correctly.

This procedure is not as scary as it sounds but it helps if you know what you are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Thanks for the suggestions Celtxx... Ill give it a go over the weekend and see whats what...

Advertisement