Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning a Dell

• 12-09-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Further to advice I'd recieved about getting a 17" laptop, I came home today with the intention of cancelling my order for the Vostro 1700 in favour of a smaller system.

However, it was shipped today (10 days ahead of schedule). Should I refuse delivery or take it and leave it unopened? Will I be charged the 15% restocking fee?? How should I go about returning it in general.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

You have 7 days to return it from receipt of the laptop. No restocking although you may have to pay for returning it probably €50 to interlink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dont sign for it when they arrive to give it to you.
    interlink will return it to dell and thats it.

few years ago i bought a dell, and i rang them and wanted to cancel it.
    the agent passed me to a supervisor and he told me to not sign for it, and interlink will send it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Unfortunatley my mother accepted delivery this morning while I was at colllege.

Can I return it myself? As in drop it to wherever it needs to go?

dont think dell have that option. i asked could i collect my laptop myself, and they said no. they apparently dont have a collect/drop off point.

best thing to do now is ring dell and get an address to return the laptop.
    most its going to cost you is about 60 euro.

but dont let it go more than a day or 2 before you ring dell and arrange it as after 7 days, you might have a an agent from dell try to tell you its not possible and all that sh!te.

dont think dell have that option. i asked could i collect my laptop myself, and they said no. they apparently dont have a collect/drop off point.

best thing to do now is ring dell and get an address to return the laptop.
    most its going to cost you is about 60 euro.

but dont let it go more than a day or 2 before you ring dell and arrange it as after 7 days, you might have a an agent from dell try to tell you its not possible and all that sh!te.

Yeah that's a pain alright. Will it not cost me 120 euro altogether? The 60 it cost them to deliever it, and the 60 it will cost me to return it? Or do I just pay once...

• Advertisement

im not sure about the 60 you paid for delivery. i dont know wether dell will refund the complete balance or subtract the difference.

best thing is to ring them.
    are you still buying from dell??

im sure they could come to some arrangement if you tell them that you still want to buy a computer from them and that your just changing the system.
    best thing is to ring them and haggle. if they say they wont come to a deal, then tell them you want a full refund on the system..
    and i bet they will offer you free delivery on the new system or something to equal value.

the dell agent will do a anything to get the sale because the agent gets commission on it.

Yeah I'm buying another Dell alright.. Yeah thats sound advice cheers.

Would I be ok to open it and just have a look to see what I think of the size in case I want to keep it? Or will this damage my chances of being able to return it hassle-free

Just realised, Once the main box is opened the Laptop is loose in the box, so I took it out and checked the Battery Life... only 2.5 hours on a full charge! Definitely not suitable for me.

WTF, apparently because it was a business order they do not accept returns unless it's due to a dell fault.

I'm up **** creek now.

Surely theres something I can do in this situation??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

karmabass wrote:
    Surely theres something I can do in this situation??
    Learn to love your new laptop...

• Advertisement

majiktripp wrote:
    Learn to love your new laptop...

:( Nooooooooooooo..

well thats dell for you.... did you explain thata you just want a smaller laptop?

and there's nothing they will do about it?

ah well. good luck with the sale :-)

"As per our Terms and Conditions, Business customers do not have the option to change their order where no error has occurred."

Nope, nothing! Shower of feckers.. That's really bad customer care IMO. It's one thing charging a restocking fee, but not allowing cancellations or returns is ridiculous.

Advertisement