Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Water leaking in footwell

Options
  • 30-08-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I have an 05 Opel corsa and water leaks into the drivers footwell. I have been away for a few weeks and have come back- the footwell has a few inches of water gathered on one side.

How can I clear this and investigate where it is coming from? A mechanic told me before the whole front would need to come off for them to investigate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭starvin

My G/F's car had the same thing a few years back, it's a 02 model. Theres a black plate on the bulkhead just around the pedals and the sealant breaks up and allows water into the footwell. the only way to check for sure is to pull the carpet back and watch as someone pours water over the front of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

could be your heater system leaking ,

did you find out what was leaking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

mphalo1 wrote: »
    did you find out what was leaking

Not yet- going to have a look tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

It's the seal around the brake servo plate that leaks. I'd say I have fixed 40/50 of them at this stage. If you have that much water in the car the best way to get it dried up is to take out the seat and lift the carpet as the insulation will trap a huge amount and never properly dry.

• Advertisement

I can't seem to get the carpet (i have unscrewed the caps but it's stuck fairly well in under the plastic rims) back but I've opened a little hatch and can see that underneath is soaked.

Behind the drivers seat is also soaked too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

The infamous water leak problem in the Corsa C can be fixed quite easily by any competent mechanic or even experienced DIYer. Most mechanics will have seen this problem dozens of times.

Using a good quality durable sealant to completely seal the area will solve the problem.

These videos give a good idea of the location and approximate amount of stripping down that needs to be done for the repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACril78NbV8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVb8CFOEp8

I poured water down the areas suggested in the video and nothing trickled down. Managed to get the carpet back, the insulation is soaked. I've left it pulled back with the windows open to try and dry some of it out.

just for talks sake it is the heater system, did you check to see if your car has coolant in it anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bibrock

You need to look up under the Brake pedal its the master cylinder seal for sure! A well known problem with the Corsa C!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP should be sorted by now, 3 years later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement