Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any geese shooting recommendations for Scotland etc

Options
  • 14-07-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

hi theres currently 3 of us looking to shoot geese in scotland or similar... theirs also a few maybes.. i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of anyone good and affordable from personal experience .... and also if anyone from here wants to come along its no problem as it will be a good experience and a good way to make new friends... sound bunch heading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi there I would like to stick my self down for this full licence insurance etc.No experience tho as I'm only shooting clays a year myself and a mate would like to shoot a bit of game price depending and date.Where you based? I'm in Dublin feel free to pm me.Have you looked at venues via google any thing come Up that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LOUTHSHOOTER

CS sports in Perthshire his name is Callum,just google him or fb him,a really sound lad

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

I've been with Mark Robson several times and is very good. Have a look at his website on www.pigeonalldaylong.com

Found Mark to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

Cost ??????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

thanks for the replies lads sorry for the delay in getting back sooner.. has anyone else any recommendations
    fox007 wrote: »
    Hi there I would like to stick my self down for this full licence insurance etc.No experience tho as I'm only shooting clays a year myself and a mate would like to shoot a bit of game price depending and date.Where you based? I'm in Dublin feel free to pm me.Have you looked at venues via google any thing come Up that way?

pm sent
    CS sports in Perthshire his name is Callum,just google him or fb him,a really sound lad

cheers cants seem to find there site is down
    yessam wrote: »
    I've been with Mark Robson several times and is very good. Have a look at his website on www.pigeonalldaylong.com

Found Mark to be very good.

cheers mate but hes booked up judging by his site for the time of year we want to go

• Advertisement

daithi55 wrote: »
    thanks for the replies lads sorry for the delay in getting back sooner.. has anyone else any recommendations

pm sent

cheers cants seem to find there site is down

cheers mate but hes booked up judging by his site for the time of year we want to go

If you ring him, he'll probably put you on to someone reliable.

If you ring him, he'll probably put you on to someone reliable.

i did he mentioned cs-sports but i cant find anything about them their site is down

We were given Andy Richardson's contact details when we were in Scotland last year from some English shooters we met in pub. They had a lot of praise for him. His phone number is 00447866395975.

Any update on this lads ?

looking like its to late for this year
    no availability for groups from any of the outfitters i contacted they only have room for one or two more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just out of curiosity is there much geese shooting in Ireland and does anyone have a goose gun. I know they're longer than average game gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

There's a lad up the North that does it! Don't know a whole lot about it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drake36

Hi guys 4 of us went to Scotland a couple of years ago to a place called Powfoot above Aberdeen and met our guide called Scot crookshank we had fantastic goose shooting with him we bagged 30 birds that morning and it cost us £70 each highly recommend him

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭greylag

we going over to scott cruickshank in november, anyone else ever been over to him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

greylag wrote: »
    we going over to scott cruickshank in november, anyone else ever been over to him???

Is it expensive, is it a all included package

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bushwack

We were given Andy Richardson's contact details when we were in Scotland last year from some English shooters we met in pub. They had a lot of praise for him. His phone number is 00447866395975.

Yea,shot in Scotland in fife with andy and had a ball and shot lots of geese,there was a guy from northern Ireland with him and they were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

You hear mixed reports about Andy Richardson.

ronn wrote: »
    Is it expensive, is it a all included package
    + 1 on this,whats the cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭greylag

£100 per gun per goose flight over stubbles
    £60 per gun for rough shooting during the day
    £60 per duck flight

3 days shooting.

flights, scottish permits and ammo all extra

Aer Lingus is the only airline that carry guns and ammo from Dublin. The last few years Aer Lingus have sub let the Edinburgh and Glasgow destinations to Aer Arann and Aer Arann don't carry guns or ammo.

We used to bring our own guns on plane and it was handy when Aer Lingus was doing it.
    We then drove one year but now we just get Aer Arann lights and hire the guns over there.

Nice to have your own gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Perazzi

It is nice to shoot your own gun for sure.
    Can anyone tell me is it hard to bring over your gun to Scotland by ferry is there much problems with customs I know you need eu firearm pass northern licence a reference from where you are shooting am I missing anything else do,you have to have a safe in your car to travel with gun and how much ammo are you allowed to carry as well heading over to pigeonalldaylong in 2016 as he's is full for next year.Any info would be great .

Perazzi wrote: »
    It is nice to shoot your own gun for sure.
    Can anyone tell me is it hard to bring over your gun to Scotland by ferry is there much problems with customs I know you need eu firearm pass northern licence a reference from where you are shooting am I missing anything else do,you have to have a safe in your car to travel with gun and how much ammo are you allowed to carry as well heading over to pigeonalldaylong in 2016 as he's is full for next year.Any info would be great .

Perazzi you have made a good choice on going to Mark at pigeonalldaylong

There is no problem bringing your gun on the ferry in car. Just get working
    on your paperwork at the earliest possible opportunity.
    The EU firearms pass is a free and your local Garda will sort that out for you
    and it will be valid for one year, so dont get it too early.

If you know someone in Northern Ireland that will be a big help to getting
    a permit for carrying a firearm in Northern Ireland. Mark might be able to help you with that one.

Mark will organise the Scottish permit for yo when the time comes.

Guns should be broke and in there cases.

Normally - no problems.

I dont like the driving and two days are lost driving. We just like to fly into Edinburgh airport, Mark's dad collects us at airport on Sunday night and we are shooting at daybreak Monday morning and fly home Wednesday night after our shooting on Wednesday.

What have yea booked and which month are yea going.

PM me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Barneyc

Perazzi you have made a good choice on going to Mark at pigeonalldaylong

There is no problem bringing your gun on the ferry in car. Just get working
    on your paperwork at the earliest possible opportunity.
    The EU firearms pass is a free and your local Garda will sort that out for you
    and it will be valid for one year, so dont get it too early.

If you know someone in Northern Ireland that will be a big help to getting
    a permit for carrying a firearm in Northern Ireland. Mark might be able to help you with that one.

Mark will organise the Scottish permit for yo when the time comes.

Guns should be broke and in there cases.

Normally - no problems.

I dont like the driving and two days are lost driving. We just like to fly into Edinburgh airport, Mark's dad collects us at airport on Sunday night and we are shooting at daybreak Monday morning and fly home Wednesday night after our shooting on Wednesday.

What have yea booked and which month are yea going.

PM me if you wish.

So roughly how much would you end up spending per trip.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Theirs a Limerick man called James (can't remember second name) operating outside Annan near Dunmfries ,we shot with him about 4 years ago,he has his own guest house ,we shot loads of Geese,walked up pheasant after the breakfast ,and were fed to the best,all for very very reasonable money,he's as sound as they come (for a Limrick man):D:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Barneyc

Sounds good any contact details.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Just found it, KenCarrig shoot,guys name is James Kennedy contact kencarrig@Hotmail.com ,as I said ,a top man .

Advertisement