Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a Treadmill for runnning for home use?

Options
  • 27-08-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Budget would be up to 600/700 euro for the right piece of equipment but would obviously prefer if it cost less.

Obviously I'd prefer to put the money into joining a gym but I've 2 kids under the age of 3 and I live in a rural area and I can't just take off and run each evening as it's too dangerous. With the kids time is of the essence so a quick 5k whilst they're quiet yet still being watched over (or in bed) seems a good way of trying to get a bit of fitness back.

I've done quite a lot of running on treadmills before but only in gyms, never ones for use in the home so I'm not sure how sturdy or flimsy home ones really are.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a decent treadmill at a decent price I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I have had this one for 2 years now:
    http://www.elverys.ie/Product/proform-650-zlt-treadmill/223181/0000000176
    Do 5k 5 or 6 times a week and have had no problems with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Oh, also worth checking the likes of Done deal etc. lots of people buy treadmills and never use them because they hate it.
    Plenty of bargains around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

alf66 wrote: »
    Oh, also worth checking the likes of Done deal etc. lots of people buy treadmills and never use them because they hate it.
    Plenty of bargains around ;)

Thanks for the tip, just spent a while looking on there but have no clue what's a good machine and what ain't!

I'm looking for something sturdy and reliable and would have no problem buying a second hand one but as I said I don't know what I need to look out for when buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

If you plan on using it a lot go for the best motor you can afford and check the noise levels both of the motor and running thud in the shop.
    The motor will unusually determine how fast it goes (higher speed gives greater flexibility) and it along with rollers, bearings and the running deck are usually first to go (so a 3 year parts warranty is a must) but are all easy to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Keep an eye on argos for bargains. I got this York Aspire for €276 and it's normally over 1k. That was a few weeks ago.

Can't say how good it is, haven't unboxed it yet but the reviews were good and I couldn't argue with the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

alf66 wrote: »
    Oh, also worth checking the likes of Done deal etc. lots of people buy treadmills and never use them

I'd say keep an eye out for Saruman posting on Done Deals over the coming weeks, could be a bargain coming up in a York Aspire :D

sorry, couldn't resist it! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

wrstan wrote: »
    I'd say keep an eye out for Saruman posting on Done Deals over the coming weeks, could be a bargain coming up in a York Aspire :D

sorry, couldn't resist it! :pac::pac::pac:

No chance, I'm building a gym at the moment.

Advertisement