Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO NO NO HELP ME!

Options
  • 18-08-2014 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

clear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Tbh you've had ample opportunities to rectify itself yourself on the change of mind of forms before now.
    Not sure what happens - do you mean you got your 4th choice on points but don't actually have all the requirements for the course -ie language. Is language a requirement or just an advantage? I've never heard of them offering a lower choice - 5th instead of 4th. It's why you're always told to be sure of your order of preference on the form

I'd ring the college admin if I were you today - if you are eligible for the course you defintely won't be offered place no5.

What about your 3rd choice? Any chance of getting that in the next round?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Your post is very confusing.

You say you were offered your 4th choice but then you say you didn't have the requirements for it.

Which is it?

I agree with happy with life you had plenty of time to swap your fourth and fifth choice. This is not the CAOs fault.

The CAO won't change anything. Once you get offered a course you do not get offered course of lower preference.

You will also not be allowed do a language if you have not done it for leaving cert. simple reason: they are not starting at beginners level , they are starting at advanced level on the basis that everyone doing the language did it at higher level for Leavjng cert.

It would help if you posted the name of the course you were offered and what you actually wanted

Why you think you'd be allowed to do languages for your degree without having done languages for your Leavjng cert is bizarre. It's a basic requirement

Advertisement