Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I thought the world was skint...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Sense. Your post makes none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The world has alway been like that the rest of the world is still wealthy( just not getting wealthier )for example there are flats in London that cost ten million pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

You really have a poor grasp of economics

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

At least he earned it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All that money and he'll still never have a decent haircut. Sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

dd972 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/just-do-it-rory-mcilroy-set-to-become-the-new-face-of-nike-in-250-million-deal-3270184.html

Don't begrudge Rory, sure we'd all bite the hand off someone offering this, but we're constantly having it rammed down our necks that the world is skint, we've all got to work until we're 90 and best of all, we're all in this together.:pac:

not if youre smart or talented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

dd972 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/just-do-it-rory-mcilroy-set-to-become-the-new-face-of-nike-in-250-million-deal-3270184.html

Don't begrudge Rory, sure we'd all bite the hand off someone offering this, but we're constantly having it rammed down our necks that the world is skint, we've all got to work until we're 90 and best of all, we're all in this together.:pac:

Or so the Irish government would have you believe! Not everywhere is skint yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the world is not broke or skint, the division of wealth is the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The world is not skint, the money have merely moved from the poor to the rich in a greater extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

he looks like Neal Schon from Journey

bleeding melted face on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The western world may be skint, but Nike sure isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's a disgrace, sure he'll never have any real value on money as all he's done is play with his little balls in public...durty fu cker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

And I an not skint...so you can count me out of your "world is skint" speech.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thats a lot of checkered trousers to break even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Good on him, he is one of the worlds most talented sports people. Over the ten year deal he will have returned most of that investment with sales of clothing and golf equipment. He has a great future ahead of him and his head is screwed on, well done Rory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Firefox11 wrote: »
    And I an not skint...so you can count me out of your "world is skint" speech.:pac:

Bertie has tried to contravene his AH ban again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sponsorship deals with Nike are jinxed - he'll probably end up on a drugs fuelled threesome with Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sponsorship deals with Nike are jinxed - he'll probably end up on a drugs fuelled threesome with Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong.

For $250million, I think I could live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

FatherLen wrote: »
    the world is not broke or skint, the division of wealth is the problem.

Quite right, and the cause of that problem was identified by Gandhiji a long time ago: Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

He looks a bit like Carrot Top* in that photo :(

*If you don't know who "Carrot Top" is, don't Google Image him, you have been warned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

All that money and he'll still never have a decent haircut. Sad really.

If he wants to cut his own hair in order to save money, I'd caution against using The K-Tel Bottle Cutters.
    A simple 'comb & cut' device would be more than adequate for a novice DIY barber's needs.
    If eventually he feels ready to 'take on' the Bottle Cutters, then I'd recommend a large supply of plasters and/or bandages and a reliably strong unguent.
    Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

My take home pay is higher than ever, speak for yourself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The US is spending about 1.2 Trillion dollars on 'security' each year (Military , CIA , NSA ,Homeland security etc. etc.)
    Mitt wants to up that to 2 trillion :eek:

By comparison
    Russia spent nearly $72bn on arms last year, overtaking Britain ($62.7bn) and France ($62.5bn) according to Sipri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Personally speaking I'm happy to see that the original drummer from Oasis is still making a decent living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

jester77 wrote: »
    Or so the RTE / The Meedja would have you believe! Not everywhere is skint yet.

FYP.

Advertisement