Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Headphones Problem

Options
  • 17-09-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, posted this over in Computer & Tech, but nobody answered, I thought I'd try here(seen as problem is with a laptop)

Anyways, I have a set of Motorola Bluetooth Headphones (well they're my brothers) that work no problem with a phone...

I have a Dell Vostro Laptop, with built-in bluetooth. I can connect to the headphones no problem, but I can't hear any music playing at all...

I originally thought that I couldn't hear anything, but playing with them there, I noticed that I could here the Windows "bing" noise, but no music...

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Not really a laptop problem, but anyway....

What are you using to play the music - is it Windows Media Player? If so, you need to set the output device to the bluetooth headphones (not your normal speakers). It's in options somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

tom dunne wrote:
    Not really a laptop problem, but anyway....

I know it's not actually a laptop problem, but hey! I got a reply in like 2 minutes as opposed to nothing in 2 days over in computers...
    tom dunne wrote:
    What are you using to play the music - is it Windows Media Player? If so, you need to set the output device to the bluetooth headphones (not your normal speakers). It's in options somewhere.

Ya i use WMP. Looking at it at work, i think i may have found where to play with options, i'll check when i go home, when i'll have my laptop & headphones to play with...

I'll let ye know, cheers Tom!

Alas that does not seem to work, with the headphones connected (via bluetooth) i do the following in WMP:

Options - Devices - Speakers - Advanced - I select the headphones, go to advanced and if i click on test i can hear the jingle, but not the music, which still comes out of the laptop's speakers...

Ok, i have no idea what i did but they're now working... I went downstairs a while ago, when i came back up i could hear a low noise, it was the headphones... :D

Ok, so problem solved... If I connect the headphones then turn on WMP, they work... If WMP is already open they won't until i close and re-open it... It's weird... But they're working now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement