Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Reserves meeting with the super.

Options
  • 02-12-2013 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

alright just wondering, my BR forms are sent away over a month now I have a small family all live local to each other and I am quite young (19). no previous jobs other than the one I have now. so basically im saying it shouldn't be to long before hearing back (I hope). but Im just curious how will my local station get in touch, will it be a letter or email or call, I have heard of the garda knocking on doors to chat ???? cheers guys. im very excited

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Coolock94 you probs think i am having ago but im not but you really have to start looking things up on this and on google lol there are forums for the interviews , medical and training all on this that will answer all your questions i know this because i looked them up , here is a link to the Meeting the local sergeant and super/inspector http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055596590
    To answer your question i had my meeting with the sergeant 2 months ago and the super 1 month ago , you could be anywere from 1 - 4 months waiting depending on your local station , You will be contacted by phone or letter i really do think they have better things to be doing then knocking on doors and thats not trying to be nasty im just saying gardai are busy people , i got a call for meeting 1, and a call and letter for meeting 2 . look up all the forums on this and ul get even more answers.

Heres another forum coolock94 , really good >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055178746
    youl get everythin in these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

Cheers runner its appriciated I will in future pal thanks.

no probs :)

We'll got a call I have to meet the Sargent Monday night, should I wear a suit and she said that she just needs me to meet for a final meeting but I thought I had to meet the inspector or super before giving the all clear

• Advertisement

How did you get on coolock ? :)

Yeah it went really well, the Sargent was really nice. She said she couldn't see any reason why I wouldn't get in at this stage and that my application was good so happy all round have to meet the inspector soon how long were u wait for the inspector after the first meeting

Good stuff, i was waiting a week , but iv herd people waiting 4 - 5 weeks .

Grand stuff the Sargent said 3 weeks but though it might be sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

Hi everyone..Im new on this and see that interviews are running in some places for Garda reserve. I am waiting since last year for mine..has anyone go an interview in Tipperary area or should I ring and say I am willing to travel for the interview? Anxious to get started!!

• Advertisement

Id say your best bet is call and say you'll travel I applied last February and got a letter back in September interview October and be form sent end of October. Got a call last Saturday for meeting with Sargent now waiting on the interview with the super should be within the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Tipperary is done in limerick . Had mine in August 2013 . A friend of mine is still waiting too . But limerick was done in February and August last year so might be the same this time . I think they do 12 people from each county Clare limerick and Tipperary

Yes I rang last December and the said they should be soon but hard nothing yet..thanks for your advice..Ill give them a call tomorrow so. Are the interviews tough?

Not really depends on how nervous you are, I was very nervous but held my cool when asked questions. I thought I failed the interview as I answered every question honestly and I thought that the answers I gave they might not have liked but i was delighted when told I passed. It'll be a while before you hear back after sending your br forms away if you pass the interview I was waiting three months and I only have 6 relatives in my family and they all live in Ireland so it does take time

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Coolock have you done your medical yet . I was told it would take 5 months

no pal, I had me meeting with the sargent last Monday so just waiting on my call to see the super so hopefully Ill have a date soon enough for it. yeah that's average time, ive heard of many waiting 8 months +

ya I am sure I ill be nervous..do you know about the volunteer work..like will it help you to get into the reserves and will and volunteer work count? And well done to you, you must be delighted you got through it

alright pal. yeah man I do bar work and am a key holder for my club so that showed I can be trusted and am responsible, I had no community work however the bar work helped me big time

Well done to you for getting this far and good luck. I hope I can stay calm too!!

im sure you be fine, when I was doing the interview I could feel the pressure I thought at one stage I started to twitch but don't think it showed hahaha but just try stay calm hun and youll be fine.. thanks

• Advertisement

6-9 Months for background checks , and sometimes 12+ which is a ******* joke. :P

Yeah am I nearly complete once I meet the super ? It's been just over 3 months

Rang today to see when the interviews will be and they have no idea when interviews will come to my area in Tipperary and she told me you can not longer travel say to Cork if interviews are running there.. This is taking soooooooo long, would love t get started.

To be honest I forgot all about it for months until I got the letter. I think there is great demand in dublin and big cities like it so a smaller quieter area may wait longer it's a shame but pascents pays off

Its because the quota is nearly filled , wer at 1100 now there only goin to 1200

So there's a chance I could be put on a waiting list even though I've come this far ? Or I would be one of the 1200 ?

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

coolock94 wrote: »
    So there's a chance I could be put on a waiting list even though I've come this far ? Or I would be one of the 1200 ?

Always a chance . Remember there are resignations happening on a monthly basis and those slots will need to be filled. Keep the faith it will happen

grand cheers pal just waiting on the call, me phones never out of my reach

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AaronMul1

well, I was waiting 7 months for my BR Coolock, i only had one interview and it was with an Inspector/Acting Superintendent. He said he was recommending my application, i rang the reserve office 3 times, and the vetting office once. i finally got the call for the Medical, and its in February. Then i could be waiting a long time to get down to Templemore, so my advice is just forget about it because it is a long process unfortunately. But when it does come up it'll be worth it in the end. I got an email for my medical and im super excited to get the last phase of selection done :D Best of luck to ye :)

• Advertisement

Ye I'm hoping to get the full time

Advertisement