Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned again

Options
  • 15-07-2014 11:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭

Hi.. I want to complain to the fact I've been banned from the politics forum... Not the first time from the same place..
    It's a piss take as I was banned from apparently posting off topic which I did not.. And told what I was posting, which was in response to another posters remark was for the conspiracy theory forum when it was not... The video I posted up was a week old RT news article to do with governments sponsoring terrorism so was perfectly legit.. But because some other idiot was going on about Zionism I got mentioned in the same breadth then banned when I public questioned it on the thread.. It's a bloody piss take and the same old so called mods that ban you or warn you when they don't agree with you. It's bloody disgusting like I told "scofflaw". More like law unto himself...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi OP - can you please confirm you have followed the above process and sent a PM to the mod in question?

Also not being picky but it would help you if you toned down your language.

Hi again jim

I have had a look at the post and have spoken to the mod who has confirmed you did contact them.

In reviewing the thread I can see clear moderator warnings that the posts were approaching jewish conspiracy theories, posters were recommended to go and post in the relevant forum and not to throw the thread off topic again. Twenty minutes later you posted your video for the first time, and when no-one commented on it you posted it again almost 20 minutes later. By rights having ignored this mod warning your posts should have been actioned.

Scofflaw then tackled appropriately the posts that continued to ignore the previous mod instruction and you were told not to post in the thread again.
    Yet you did, and now are surprised to be banned as a result?
    I can see two things that went wrong here (three if you ignore your language above) - 1 you ignored the mod instruction from K-9 (twice) and 2 you argued with a mod on thread. If you disagree with moderator direction the charter details how to address that and it is never ever in the thread in question.

As a result I find no grounds at all to overturn this ban. I would kindly ask you to carefully read the rules when the ban is lifted and if you find you cannot post as expected then please self-moderate and post elsewhere otherwise you are forcing the mods in Politics to impose ever increasing bans.

You can of course request an Admin review, if not though I will request this thread be marked as resolved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

Taltos wrote: »
    Hi again jim

I have had a look at the post and have spoken to the mod who has confirmed you did contact them.

In reviewing the thread I can see clear moderator warnings that the posts were approaching jewish conspiracy theories, posters were recommended to go and post in the relevant forum and not to throw the thread off topic again. Twenty minutes later you posted your video for the first time, and when no-one commented on it you posted it again almost 20 minutes later. By rights having ignored this mod warning your posts should have been actioned.

Scofflaw then tackled appropriately the posts that continued to ignore the previous mod instruction and you were told not to post in the thread again.
    Yet you did, and now are surprised to be banned as a result?
    I can see two things that went wrong here (three if you ignore your language above) - 1 you ignored the mod instruction from K-9 (twice) and 2 you argued with a mod on thread. If you disagree with moderator direction the charter details how to address that and it is never ever in the thread in question.

As a result I find no grounds at all to overturn this ban. I would kindly ask you to carefully read the rules when the ban is lifted and if you find you cannot post as expected then please self-moderate and post elsewhere otherwise you are forcing the mods in Politics to impose ever increasing bans.

You can of course request an Admin review, if not though I will request this thread be marked as resolved.

But that's the exact thing... I did not post any Jewish conspiracy posts what so ever and the video I posted was firstly not conspiracy theory but an RT news report about terrorism.. No conspiracy theory.. This is what I told him and this is what I've told you... How can you say you've reviewed it and come to this conclusion...? Quote me any post of mine mentioning anything at all to do with Jewish conspiracy.. Like if you have told me you have reviewed, you would note it was "kult" that was posting all the nonscence... I posted only a video.. Which if you look at yourself will see it has nothing to do with Jews or conspiracys....

I watched that video OP - it was clearly in the conspiracy bucket, you might try to claim otherwise but it is.

Irrespective though you did break the direction above in both cases. Most especially this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91273008&postcount=254
    9/11 was an inside job? Check.

Any further posting along these lines will lead to an immediate ban for kult. jimeryan22, consider yourself also on protective notice - there's a forum for 9/11 stuff, use it. Don't post that stuff here.

This warning clearly calls you out not to post again, I know you keep harping on about the jewish angle but Scofflaw didn't directly mention you were on the Jewish angle. He called you out on the inside job conspiracy and even suggested where to go with that. A warning that you clearly ignored. You can try to claim it was all kult but the warning was directly clearly at you two specifically and anyone else who may want to float those ideas.

I watched that video OP - it was clearly in the conspiracy bucket, you might try to claim otherwise but it is.

Irrespective though you did break the direction above in both cases. Most especially this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91273008&postcount=254

This warning clearly calls you out not to post again, I know you keep harping on about the jewish angle but Scofflaw didn't directly mention you were on the Jewish angle. He called you out on the inside job conspiracy and even suggested where to go with that. A warning that you clearly ignored. You can try to claim it was all kult but the warning was directly clearly at you two specifically and anyone else who may want to float those ideas.

Check again. I did not post. "911 was an inside job". That chap "kult" did...

And once you've checked there again to see I didn't post what you've just said I did..
    How do you claim (just out interest) that the vid I posted from RT is conspiracy stuff..? That does intrigue me..

• Advertisement

OK I am not wasting anymore time here.
    For the final time - you posted in direct violation of the mod instruction on the thread.

Now - do you accept that you did (as you did) and are willing to wait out your ban?
    or
    Do you want the admin team to review the action taken to see if it was fair and appropriate? (It was).

OK I am not wasting anymore time here.
    For the final time - you posted in direct violation of the mod instruction on the thread.

Now - do you accept that you did (as you did) and are willing to wait out your ban?
    or
    Do you want the admin team to review the action taken to see if it was fair and appropriate? (It was).

I'd like the admin team to review...
    Thanks

OK - no problem will request them to have a look now.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Scofflaw was (as always) clear in his moderation and you unwisely sought to question his post in-thread.

There's nothing to see here.

The reason why you were included in that warning post was because the video you posted (twice) was titled "Russia Today Declares 9/11 Was An Inside Job!" which to any objective viewer fits right into the conspiracy theory box.

Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement