Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'love at first sight' today

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

this thread reminds me: im pretty sure i saw Fás girl on grafton street last night, she's looking well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

TPD wrote:
    Fancy shoes.

Not sure how fancy.

€45 for size 9's fancy.

But, they're runners I can get into clubs with, so it's all gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

She's probably going to St. Pat's Drumcondra. Which means she's probably doing Primary School Teaching.

Which means she likes kids. Which means she could have a big heart.

Which means she could be nice. Which means she could be approachable.

If you see her again, chat to her. Or just make eye contact and smile..

And if you don't see her again, pop up the road to St. Pat's and hang around reception. It's not that big a college so you'll probably see her there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

its not Pathetic. ... Dont mind them OP.

Happens all the time... you know its happened to ya's before yourselves.... were you pathetic then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yes... I'm a cynical f*cker... but I have actually seen love at first sight happen and it's pretty neat to watch... But like most proper types of love it's a two way street.

It's a very unique and amazing biological occurrence... don't try and cheapen it, OP.

I agree with Monkeyfudge. It happens. Rarely, but it does happen (I speak from personal experience here)

Next time talk to her, there'll be sparks if it's mutual, otherwise she's just another attractive girl you've seen.

And if it does work out don't screw it up or you'll regret it (again - personal experience).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

bullpost wrote:
    Literary colloquialism for "probably", most likely first used in print in John Kennedy Toole's Confederacy of Dunces, (1980), in the speech of one of the book's characters, the mother of the protagonist, Ignatius J. Reilly. The use of the word is meant to reflect the speech typical of white working-class residents of New Orleans, Louisiana.

So the users are most likely (prolly?) fans of the book!

Bet you're sorry you asked now!
    Great book, forget about that actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

Everyday i wanna shag someone at the Bus stop, never happens though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

not14talk wrote:
    Anyway back on topic, I was looking down the road waiting for my bus to show when I saw this women same age as myself (19-22) and I got 'love at first sight'.
    Love or lust?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Hang the cynics, it does happen. If you do see her again make sure you talk to her. Even just "hi, did I meet you with so and so before".

Hope you do.

A. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Next time you see her - follow her. She'll like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Ask her is she 'Looking for business?' You could make a few quid if you score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i tell you man, have you ever seen that advert for coke where theres a guy and a girl sitting on a bench and the chap starts making a ringing noise? Then he pulls out a bottle of coke, opens it, says "hello", then looks at the girl... pauses... then goes... "its for you!"

The girl instantly blushes, giggles, takes the bottle of coke and drinks it?

That advert is pure genious. She took the bait without thinking. rohypnol Works a treat when mixes with coke. If you ever see her again, prime a bottle of coke, then get on the bus with her, sit down with her and do the coke phone jobbie, 10 minutes of chat...

you: Heres me stop, i thnk this is your one too
    her: No its not...
    you: Yes it is
    her: Oh yea!!

everybodies happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Ask her is she 'Looking for business?' You could make a few quid if you score.
    LOL :D
    Everyday i wanna shag someone at the Bus stop, never happens though.
    Its the same for everyone :D

I very much doubt that I will see her again, if she was at St.Pats and that was the time she was finished college and was heading home I wont be there again at that time. I was heading home because I was finished college but that was only this week and next week I wont be finished till 6. Ive spent hours and hours at Drumcondra for the past year and ive never seen the same people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Yea yea the 42 has a few hotties alrite.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

No such thing as love at first sight, only erection at first sight and i get about ten of them a day.

• Advertisement

Update: We are both in the same college!!

Yesterday when I was getting off the train I saw someone who looked like her was about 80% sure but I was getting off and she was getting on.

Today I saw her again heading to the SU and it was def her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

not14talk wrote: »

Yesterday when I was getting off the train I saw someone who looked like her was about 80% sure but I was getting off and she was getting on.

hmmmmm go for it then before u find out that she has a BF. I hope NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

You saw her twice more and you still haven't spoken to her.

As one of my friends says "You gotta rock out with your cock out" OP.

Grow a pair or move this whole thread to PI where you can whine away your days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

GO GO horny college student!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

***Bails down to the bus stop***

Im at this bus stop daily and ive never seen any really hot boo-hards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Love?

No I never thought that but 'Lust at first sight' doesnt sound right. I know everyone goes thro this everyday but it only lasts a few seconds/minutes and you forget about it but the fact I really liked the girls style, both where standing in the same place for a long time where there was only 5 other people there and the fact I was really bored :D

TBH I've gotten over it.

Also these are Vans

I thought those were some sort of cheapo burger joint work shoes ... they are ACTUALLY fashionable??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

fag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    GO GO horny college student!

LOL! :D

aaaaaw OP go for it! Wish I had some hot lads on my 42....! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

Have you seen her again? Have you spoke to her? Damn this thread, I'm gonna be thinking about this for ages now! I know......I'm a loser! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

I "suffered" from love at first sight a few years ago. I saw somebody, spoke to them and after no length ( i honestly coudnt say if it was minutes or seconds cz i was just infatuated!), that was it. I was hooked! We ended up getting together about 4 months later and have recently spent our 6th anniversary in france at the rugby world cup! I always thought it was just a hollywood bu11sh1t thing but when it hits you...you'll know!

Good luck...oh and willl u please just grow a pair and go talk to her!!! (and let us know how it goes of course!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

aww its a love story in the making :D

go team op!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Ballerina wrote: »
    aww its a love story in the making :D

go team op!!

You never know. It could end up as being the worst thing he ever Dreamt of.

You never know what life has for you.

i hope it Ends for OP as he wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

SpAcEd OuT wrote: »
    this thread and the poster are pathetic.

I'm sorry but someone had to say it

i disagree

what makes this pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

red_ice wrote: »
    i tell you man, have you ever seen that advert for coke where theres a guy and a girl sitting on a bench and the chap starts making a ringing noise? Then he pulls out a bottle of coke, opens it, says "hello", then looks at the girl... pauses... then goes... "its for you!"

The girl instantly blushes, giggles, takes the bottle of coke and drinks it?

That advert is pure genious. She took the bait without thinking. rohypnol Works a treat when mixes with coke. If you ever see her again, prime a bottle of coke, then get on the bus with her, sit down with her and do the coke phone jobbie, 10 minutes of chat...

you: Heres me stop, i thnk this is your one too
    her: No its not...
    you: Yes it is
    her: Oh yea!!

everybodies happy :D

i was about to say that

cept without the rohypnol:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

bus today ..... and I got 'love at first sight'.

I used to get that a lot when too when I was younger. I think it's the vibrations of the bus engine that causes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ah yeah.
    The good ol' travelling horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

the back seat of the bus is good for that, lots of fun vibrations

Welcome, not14talk.
    You last visited: 17-10-2007 at 14:30
    Its been a while.

Anyway turns out she is in two of my Maths modules freaky isnt it?

Did get talking to her in the end and found out she has a BF once I found that out I lost all interest. Havent even seen her since I got talking to her mainly because I havent bothered going to my lectures.

BTW there is 350 people in them Maths modules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

thats it? i feel cheated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its been a while.

Anyway turns out she is in two of my Maths modules freaky isnt it?

Did get talking to her in the end and found out she has a BF once I found that out I lost all interest. Havent even seen her since I got talking to her mainly because I havent bothered going to my lectures.

BTW there is 350 people in them Maths modules.

so it wasnt Love at all.

You lied to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Overheal wrote: »
    so it wasnt Love at all.

You lied to me.

he lied to us all. the baastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

After all that! I raced through the thread unable to wait for the conclusion. I was so certain it would be a happy ending. Never mind, OP!

Advertisement