Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OUYA Console for €58.80 + shipping (€16.90) - [Lapado.de]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cheers

Buy two for 136.50...have you used this site before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sweetie wrote: »
    cheers

Buy two for 136.50...have you used this site before?

No, but I know of them, and they seem to be a well known, trustworthy store. I don't know if they have any B&M stores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Still not worth it at that price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thargor wrote: »
    Still not worth it at that price point.

What do you think it should be, price wise? I've looked at them numerous times and hummed and harred. Seems a decent price to me, but still not sure whether I'll pull the trigger on one.

anyone fancy getting one with me, save 8 quid? based in D2/D7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What do you think it should be, price wise? I've looked at them numerous times and hummed and harred. Seems a decent price to me, but still not sure whether I'll pull the trigger on one.

I still use my ouya regularly. I mainly use it for XBMC and plex, but there are also some fun local multiple games on it.

I think for a device that includes a controller you wont find something better for less money.

I also own a Kindle Fire TV and currently I probably make more use of the Ouya, but there is not much in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Sure I'll go splits if you like. Want me to paypal you the cash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭stooge

highly recommend this for plex and xbmc, however there are rumours about an updated Ouya for Xmas. I must stress the word rumours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

anyone fancy getting one with me, save 8 quid? based in D2/D7
    viboy wrote: »
    Sure I'll go splits if you like. Want me to paypal you the cash ?

That's not a bad idea. Does it get cheaper again at 3 or 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Also Google have the nexus player coming out shortly. It'll be probably double the price but would have better support. Still a great price. Was thinking about ouya until google released info for their new player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sporting Streams XBMC extension is also a good one for Ouya. I have it and a Chromecast. XBMC & Ouya is good but I'm finding ShowBxo, Viddit and YouTube & Chromecast better because I'm using my phone to drive it rather than the Ouya controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Sporting Streams XBMC extension is also a good one for Ouya. I have it and a Chromecast. XBMC & Ouya is good but I'm finding ShowBxo, Viddit and YouTube & Chromecast better because I'm using my phone to drive it rather than the Ouya controller.

This, chromecast all the way I don't even use my netowork drive anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

The Ouya/XBMC is my tv at the moment. I use the XBMC remote through my tablet and phone so I don't have to use the Ouya controller.

Starstreams is unreal through the Ouya/XMC.

Allyall wrote:
    That's not a bad idea. Does it get cheaper again at 3 or 4?

two euro per additional item so it would yeah, up to something now but will get back to ye later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone who does buy, may be worth keeping an eye on this:

http://9to5google.com/2014/10/21/android-tv-port-ouya-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Exact same setup. Only use the ouya for sports.

Still think it's good for that price.

pm sent to viboy and allyall

anyone else get payment refused email on this today? tried to order again just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Did anyone buy this? Its 85£ on amazon so this is much cheaper.
    Thinking of getting it off that site...will it come?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

You guys did read the small print about payments... ?
    Wie hoch sind die Versandkosten und wohin verschickt Lapado?
    Die Versandkosten für einen Artikel innerhalb Deutschland betragen 6,90 €. Für Lieferungen in andere Länder werden Ihnen die Kosten in Ihrem Warenkorb, vor Abschluss der Bestellung, angezeigt.

Welche Zahlungsmöglichkeiten gibt es und was kosten diese?

Vorkasse: kostenlos
    Sofortüberweisung: 1% des Bestellwertes
    PayPal: 2% des Bestellwertes
    Nachnahme: 5,90 € + 2,00 € Postentgelt
    BillSafe: 4% des Bestellwertes
    Kreditkarte: 3% des Bestellwertes

The first item is about the delivery cost - €6.90 in Germany, with other countries listed when you fill the basket.

Payment terms, with surcharges are second.

Pre-payment (vorkasse) has no surcharge.
    Instant payment only from a German bank account - 1% surcharge
    PayPal - 2% surcharge
    Cash on delivery - only in Germany - €5,90 fee plus €2 surcharge - cash only on the door to the postman
    Billsafe - 4% surcharge
    Credit Cards - 3% surcharge

• Advertisement

Did anyone buy this? Its 85£ on amazon so this is much cheaper.
    Thinking of getting it off that site...will it come?

tried a couple times, wasn't letting me buy it.

I am after trying there now, i'll post back to let you know how it goes

irish

I am after trying there now, i'll post back to let you know how it goes

irish

it went through both times then a few days later I'd get an email saying there was an issue.

it went through both times then a few days later I'd get an email saying there was an issue.

Thanks sweetie, did you ever ask them what was the issue or whether the same issue would be replicated if you gave them a UK (PMotel) address?

Thanks sweetie, did you ever ask them what was the issue or whether the same issue would be replicated if you gave them a UK (PMotel) address?

No, I didnt follow it up. I though the first time I may have made a mistake but It was paypal and the same delivery address I always use so thought it must be the company themselves that was the issue.

I'll let you know what happens, I am reluctant to use mailboxDE simply because their site looks awful and doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Dispatch notification received.
    Tracking number also provided, checked on DHL website, they have it at their sorting office.

Package arrived the other day so yes folks you can get the ouya from DE for about €75 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thms.kelly

I've a ouya if anyone wants one you can have it for 75 I never use it pa me if your interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Looks like this has got cheaper, now 49.89 + 16.90 shipping
    Getting very tempted to buy one, mixed reviews though, seems to good for media/emulators, but poor for android games themselves.

Advertisement