Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Sonsorship

Options
  • 16-10-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Can someone talk me through the process of getting sponsorship and how to go about it from Ireland. Age 49 and area would be HR or coaching which seems to be on one of the skills lists but I don't understand the different lists.

Do I just go to immigration or recruitment agencies?
    Do I submit an expression of interest on the Australian website?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Can someone talk me through the process of getting sponsorship and how to go about it from Ireland. Age 49 and area would be HR or coaching which seems to be on one of the skills lists but I don't understand the different lists.

Do I just go to immigration or recruitment agencies?
    Do I submit an expression of interest on the Australian website?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

To be honest you have probably got more chance of winning the lotto. Neither immigration nor a recruitment agency will be able to help you. You will need to somehow find a company in Australia that is willing to sponsor you. You would need to prove to them, without working for them first that you are worth sponsoring and they would need to prove that they can't find anyone locally to fill the position. Unfortunately at your age it is the only visa you would be able to apply for. As far as I know you would need to be on the consolidated skills occupation list.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

Best advice I can recommend is go see an immigration solicitor . There are alot more visas available than people realise so give it a go. Don't be fooled into thinking a457 visa is the only option .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Stacks Mad wrote: »
    Best advice I can recommend is go see an immigration solicitor . There are alot more visas available than people realise so give it a go. Don't be fooled into thinking a457 visa is the only option .

Cut off for any of the migration visas is 50, and even if you apply now at 49 with no points for age require 8.0 IELTS and possibly a PhD.

Leaves a few valid options, 457 visa, student visa or maybe something like a refugee or family visa .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Thank you for all the replies. It would appear that because of my age the 457 temporary visa is probably the only option. If my son gets PR he could sponsor us but that is down the line.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to get a company to sponsor you (I know it is a long shot). I am wary about going to recruitment agencies that promise and don't deliver.

Can anyone explaint he different skills list as I think i might be on one and not the other.

• Advertisement

Thank you for all the replies. It would appear that because of my age the 457 temporary visa is probably the only option. If my son gets PR he could sponsor us but that is down the line.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to get a company to sponsor you (I know it is a long shot). I am wary about going to recruitment agencies that promise and don't deliver.

Can anyone explaint he different skills list as I think i might be on one and not the other.

Parent visas are one of the most expensive and sometimes hardest visas to get. You can expect to pay in the region of $22,000 plus agent and associated costs for such a visa

Forget about recruitment agencies. They can't sponsor you. Trying to find a company to sponsor you is going to be like applying for any other job except you will need to prove to them that you are good enough at your job for them to take the risk of hiring and sponsoring you and also that they can't find a local who can do the job. Its a long shot but not impossible. You just need to apply for all the jobs you see advertised on Australian job websites such as seek and call or email companies who you think may hire you. Also if your son is here maybe he can do some ground work for you.

I'm not sure what your job title is but the lists and anything else you need to know can be found on www.immi.gov.au. Might be worth checking out the visa wizard to find out what type of parent visa you could get.

Has your son applied for PR?

aido79 wrote: »
    Parent visas are one of the most expensive and sometimes hardest visas to get. You can expect to pay in the region of $22,000 plus agent and associated costs for such a visa

Slightly more than that as you have to include the assurance of support and the welfare bond, the cost for 2 contributory parents is about $105K........Not hard to get just expensive.

Hard to get:

The Non-contributory 103 visa (the one that had a 13 year wait) closed for a while but they reopened it last month and I think the capped of 1/2 what it was before and it now has a 30 year wait.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Slightly more than that as you have to include the assurance of support and the welfare bond, the cost for 2 contributory parents is about $105K........Not hard to get just expensive.

Hard to get:

The Non-contributory 103 visa (the one that had a 13 year wait) closed for a while but they reopened it last month and I think the capped of 1/2 what it was before and it now has a 30 year wait.

Thanks for correcting that. I didn't realise the assurance of support and welfare bond amounted to so much but I only had a quick look into it.

aido79 wrote: »
    Thanks for correcting that. I didn't realise the assurance of support and welfare bond amounted to so much but I only had a quick look into it.

nah thats ok, read all about it Here

Also I remember the last time this topic came up some fool tried to argue that the waiting times for NCP visa was something like 6 or 7 years, nope its 30 years and the remaining relative/Aged dependent is 56 years.

see attached

Advertisement