Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet €159.99 Argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I will be getting one but haven't yet. I believe it's enabled. This is the connector.

actually from the research I've done I don't think it is unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I bought a cheapo MHL adapter, arrived today

It doesn't work with the Lenovo Tab, it does however work with my phone so not a total loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

That is a huge shame. Guess I'll have to pick up a Chromecast instead.

Also have an old laptop which I could setup as a media center which I've been threatening to do for ages, then setup the tablet as some kind of remote. Anyone know any good guides for doing something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

I use the Yoga tablet with Chromecast and an app called AllCast. It also works with Apple TV. Works perfectly for streaming video content to my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

I use the Yoga tablet with Chromecast and an app called AllCast. It also works with Apple TV. Works perfectly for streaming video content to my tv.

Another vote for Allcast with Chromecast here. Works perfectly with the Yoga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

This tablet is now down to €139.99

A €10 voucher back as well....

Still looking towards the Hudl 2, but can anyone who has this comment on whether a case can be put on to protect it from a young child?
    The little stand makes it looks like a case would be a problem.

Plenty of different types of cases if you search amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

See that its back down I posted on a different Yoga thread.

Have 2 Samsung galaxy tab 2 tablets that are in need of replacing how does the yoga compare to the Galaxy tab 3/4? They are for older kids so minecraft etc on them. Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Steal at that price, steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Deal of the year at that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Bit the bullet interesting design, takes a sim card to which is nice

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Damnit, I thought I was being fierce efficient getting one of these as a Christmas present for someone only to see the feckin price has dropped again! Tempted now to get a second one and upgrade my old 2012 Nexus 7...

slave1 wrote:
    Steal at that price, steal

i agree!! absolutely LOVE mine!!

Etnies wrote:
    Bit the bullet interesting design, takes a sim card to which is nice

mine doesn't take a sim. ...??
    There is a slot for a sim alright but it's closed over. . i saw that it did on other reviews & got excited thought I'd missed it on the one I got but no it wasn't there. ..!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Would this be better than a nexus or tab 4

• Advertisement

iPink wrote: »
    mine doesn't take a sim. ...??
    There is a slot for a sim alright but it's closed over. . i saw that it did on other reviews & got excited thought I'd missed it on the one I got but no it wasn't there. ..!!

Yea your right actually hadn't looked properly! Does anyone know what the story is if someone bought this yesterday at 149 and no voucher can you go back in with receipt and be refunded diff and voucher? Friend got One yesterday before the deal

What is battery life like ? Replacing 2 Galaxy tab 2's and looking at Samsung galaxy 4 or nexus but price on this is very good

Etnies wrote: »
    Yea your right actually hadn't looked properly! Does anyone know what the story is if someone bought this yesterday at 149 and no voucher can you go back in with receipt and be refunded diff and voucher? Friend got One yesterday before the deal

Says Excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee.Excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee.

Not sure if they would do it or not. Also wondering what this means as will be for xmas and will not be setting up as they are for presents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

deisediva wrote: »
    What is battery life like ? Replacing 2 Galaxy tab 2's and looking at Samsung galaxy 4 or nexus but price on this is very good

battery is amazing, lives up to its 18hr claim

Yeah they said that to me at the till too, wasn't entirely sure what that meant though, buyers remorse maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

deisediva wrote: »
    Says Excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee.Excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee.

Not sure if they would do it or not. Also wondering what this means as will be for xmas and will not be setting up as they are for presents
    It just means you can't bring it back for a change of mind return. they have this policy for all items which have memory installed and also for other items like earrings jewellery etc.

If the item does not work out of the box or if it is otherwise faulty it is a totally different thing!

If faulty you just bring it back and tell them it is faulty and that you require a replacement repair or refund.

Has anyone noticed any issue with the WiFi dropping off a lot and only showing one bar when signal on all other phones and laptops is excellent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It just means you can't bring it back for a change of mind return. they have this policy for all items which have memory installed and also for other items like earrings jewellery etc.

If the item does not work out of the box or if it is otherwise faulty it is a totally different thing!

If faulty you just bring it back and tell them it is faulty and that you require a replacement repair or refund.

Has anyone noticed any issue with the WiFi dropping off a lot and only showing one bar when signal on all other phones and laptops is excellent?

Funnily enough the signal bars on mine rarely reach above 2 bars but the speed itself is excellent and not in any way slow when using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

€139 now. I feel robbed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Beano wrote: »
    €139 now. I feel robbed.

And a tenner voucher back for spending over 100 Euro, assuming that deal is still on? Don't see it on the site...?

Blade wrote: »
    And a tenner voucher back for spending over 100 Euro, assuming that deal is still on? Don't see it on the site...?

Oh rub it in why dont you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Dammit BA!
    I already have an unusable tablet from about 3 years ago;

Pretty sure this will be a sound investment though :)

Reserved; now just need to fully convince myself to go collect and pay tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Don't see it online now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I have reserved one of these for my folks, was going to pick it up tomorrow but they have increased their budget so I see this one is reduced aswell as within their budget.

ASUS Transformer 10 inch TF103CX Tablet - 8GB

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3195015/Trail/searchtext%3EASUS.htm

Edit: I am currently comparing the specs but anyone know a good reason of the top of their head to get the lenovo over the Asus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

can a case and screensaver be got for this tablet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

If it gos out of stock they are 99 sterling on Amazon. Cases on Amazon also for around 10 sterling. You need to spend £25 for free postage

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    I have reserved one of these for my folks, was going to pick it up tomorrow but they have increased their budget so I see this one is reduced aswell as within their budget.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3195015/Trail/searchtext%3EASUS.htm

Edit: I am currently comparing the specs but anyone know a good reason of the top of their head to get the lenovo over the Asus?

battery life. 18 hours for the lenovo. half that for the asus

brightkane wrote: »
    If it gos out of stock they are 99 sterling on Amazon. Cases on Amazon also for around 10 sterling. You need to spend £25 for free postage

Can't see it for that price but maybe just blind! Also on phone so difficult!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Can anyone confirm if this has a front facing camera? Argos spec doesn't mention it but the Amazon description says it has? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this has a front facing camera? Argos spec doesn't mention it but the Amazon description says it has? Thanks

It has front and rear facing cameras..

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Just wondering which people think is better the samsung tablet or this? Black Friday is coming up on Amazon and I usually get good deals on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

LowOdour wrote: »

May be interested in getting this or the Lenovo as a gift. Apart from size which would be best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

Anyone have problems connecting a Moga controller?
    Mine won't connect

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

Sorry to go off thread a bit but been looking at the 10' version of this and the HD+ has come down to €268 on Amazon UK (sorry can't post links), anyone any thoughts on whether HD+ is worth the extra few quid

• Advertisement

sburn wrote: »
    Sorry to go off thread a bit but been looking at the 10' version of this and the HD+ has come down to €268 on Amazon UK (sorry can't post links), anyone any thoughts on whether HD+ is worth the extra few quid

I think if you're going for the 10 inch its definetly worth the extra money. One of the biggest complaints of the first evolution was that the screen resolution while fine for the 8 inch wasn't for the 10 inch. It has gone from 1280*800 to 1920*1200. With all the other improvements you get on top of that with the new one I certainly would think it's worth the extra if you're going for the 10 inch.

The Yoga 2 10" has a projector in the battery 'handle' on some models intresting feature

Etnies wrote: »
    The Yoga 2 10" has a projector in the battery 'handle' on some models intresting feature

I think thats only the 13" model. the 10" model doesnt mention a projector.

foggy_lad wrote: »

When I'm in good WiFi range the device is fine and shows full bars. I did notice that in weak WiFi areas it struggled when other devices seem to be able to connect OK. In the advanced settings on wireless settings turn off wlan optimisation which seemed to improve it a good bit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I found the Wifi signal pretty much the same as 3 or 4 other devices we use around the house.

Have edited the title to reflect the new price plus the voucher, though the voucher offer will expire soon.

Thanks again to the OP, great little device, herself is delighted with her early Christmas present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

None let in stock in Dublin :(

• Advertisement

I had reserved one in Navan Fri night.
    Checked yesterday out of interest but they were all gone.
    Luckily I had reserved!
    It's for a present for Christmas!!!!!!!! Hope it's okay!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got the last one in Portlaoise an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jasoncoylerd

can you plug in an external harddrive via a micro usb slot to play films that are stored on the harddrive? was going to buy one for the wee fella and he has all his shrek films etc on a harddrive

can you plug in an external harddrive via a micro usb slot to play films that are stored on the harddrive? was going to buy one for the wee fella and he has all his shrek films etc on a harddrive

It's a proper OTG port and I've connected a USB stick and played media from it, so yes, you should be able to connect a powered HD to it. You can also charge other devices from this port. However I don't think connecting a powered HD to a tablet is the most practical solution when you can load the stuff onto a micro SD card or USB stick via an adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I had reserved one in Navan Fri night.
    Checked yesterday out of interest but they were all gone.
    Luckily I had reserved!
    It's for a present for Christmas!!!!!!!! Hope it's okay!
    So it was you! I left it and said i'd go over monday. That'll learn me!!
    If its any benefit to anyone, theres a few up in argos cavan. I looked around and littlewoods has them for €180 as well which is still less than other shops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement