Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

fall wrote: »
    Hi Budweiser, I would definitely think it is hormones. You may be going through a surge and it can make everything seem like a mountain to climb. I had a meltdown at the weekend in terms of fear. Trying for years to get pregnant again (have one child)and now it's happened it's terrifying and amazing all at once. I think when you want something so bad and then it happens it really can be overwhelming and make you second guess yourself.

Ah thanks 'fall' you have no idea what it means to hear that - of course I'm sorry you had a meltdown. It's just suddenly I'm realising about all the negative elements even though it never occurred to me before. Perhaps it just has to sink in a bit more. I'm second guessing everything mostly my age and my almost 18 year old daughters reaction - which I'm guessing won't be good. Damn you hormones!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Budweiser, Your daughter might surprise you but even if her reaction is shock initially once she sees the baby she will be smitten. I just live by the mantra that I can't control how anyone else feels or acts but I can choose to be positive and hopeful in how I feel and act. Sounds totally cheese balls but honestly it has gotten me through so much in my life. I am a glass half full person and it helps. Think of your baby in your arms for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I presumed my 18 year old would be either put out or disgusted when we told him . He was absolutely delighted,going about with a big proud Head on him since!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

How everyone is we'll .sent my form in today hoping to hear from them by Friday :)

Got my official due date today.1/1/15!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi Everyone,

Am due Jan 23rd, Had an mc in March so am thrilled with the news.

Welcome Millie. Congrats on your news and wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Pregnancy confirmed today by doctor...due back to see midwife in 4 weeks time,had a miscarriage in December, my dates put me at 5th Jan, feeling very very nervous about it all.

I'm so nauseous at the mo, wish I could vomit to get some relief but nothing happening, I seem to be eating my way through it instead. How's everyone else feeling? Going to tell my mam tomorrow just incase I need her support no matter what happens :)

Nausea for the full day yesterday. Even woke up in the middle of the night with it.

Did you find anything that eased the feeling?
    Have any of you told people? My partners sister is 6 weeks and has told everyone..I'm so cautious I will be waiting until 12 weeks. Anyone going to get an early scan? I'm tempted by the clinic in Swords?

• Advertisement

I told some close friends and family as I would be telling them if anything happens. I has to tell bosses in work because I am sick every morning. I think a few people have copped on. I look like ****, green! Nothing relieving it really except sleep and if bowel is cooperating if you know what I mean. I am glad some people know as I found it more stressful trying to hide it. I have already a little bump which is mental. Have you many symptoms?

My boobs are so painful with a bra on,so I think taking it off might give some relief, wrong! I think they are huge, the nausea is just unreal, as for tiredness I could sleep all day. Is this your first pregnancy? I have a 9 year old but didn't know I was pregnant until 4 months on him, every twinge and niggle I'm noticing this time round!!

Oh I hear ya on the boobs. I wish I could detach them for a few hours lol.
    My first child is seven. I kept a weekly journal first time round ( it was a gift and my other half actually filled it in) so I can compare all my symptoms. Very similar pregnancy this time. I remember the first time being terrified of every twinge but feel I know my body much better this time around. Some of the stretching pains can be a bit scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mummilk

Due mid Jan and just to say you defo do not need a doc letter for the Coombe. This is will be the second baby with the 1st being 6 months so I doubt the Coombe have changed since I was last there.

I had an early scan last week but it was part of ivf . I'm glad though don't think I would have settled if I didn't have it.

Where did you get your scan done?? How many weeks are you? It recommends 8 weeks in the one I was looking at so will have to wait.
    Because of all the eating I have done to ease with the nausea I have a belly on me!!.

I'm the exact same!I'm 8 weeks this week had my scan last week at 7 weeks in the rotunda as that's where we had our ivf treatment.

Hi ladies
    I dinally got my appointment letter yesterday. They have sent me to Naas for an appointment with the midwife and the next day I am getting my scan done.
    Anyone else not gone to their Hospital. I didn't ask to go to Naas, though I did the midwifes clinic in Naas last time(nearly 6 years ago)!!!!

That's what I am doing. Appointment in local clinic then scan in the hospital but I asked for that, it's the domino scheme. My clinic is walking distance from house so no stress with parking.
    I had to leave my top button open today!

I meant to say that both my appointments are in Naas I have my booking in app on the Wednesday and my scan on the Thursday , both in Naas !!
    I thought I'd go to the coombe first then be asked if I wanted to go to Naas for my appointments ?? Maybe it's changed .?

• Advertisement

Scan in naas too? My booking in is local clinic with midwives and scan three days later in Coombe. I was talking to the lady in the coombe and told her I wanted the domino scheme and she told me my dates and locations before she even sent the letters confirming them. Maybe give them a ring.

No nausea today,it's so eerie, lol I'm giving out when I feel ill and now I am worried I don't!!

How long are you ladies waiting on appointments? I'll be in Lourdes hospital in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

I rang into the office in Holles street too to find out how soon i would be getting my appointment and was given the date and time there an then. I dont think they usually have a problem telling you before hand - at least it gives you the opportunity to get a day that might suit you more than another

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

I'm due January 4th. Had an early scan on Tuesday and all was as it should be thankfully. I'm going public in the Rotunda and got my booking appointment for July 4th, I'll be nearly 14 weeks then, please God. Doing combined care with GP so all in all I'm happy with that. Haven't any morning sickness....so far! Boobs have gone up 3 cup sizes (!!!) and are woefully painful. I was big to start with so I'm hoping they will stop growing now or else I'll need a trolley to bring them around!! Tired, bordering on exhaustion some days and eating all around me. I wouldn't change a thing though, so happy to be pregnant!

I feel really really bloated . no matter what I eat . I actually look about 6 months gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Oh Bobskii, I hear ya! I don't know how I'm going to hide it for the next few weeks. I'll be living in tracksuit bottoms!

Lol!I've told most people because we had ivf but I didn't think I'd be showing . I know it's bloat but there's not alot I can do about it . It's very uncomfortable!and I'm not going to complain because I've wanted this for so long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

I'm seven and a half weeks now (due Jan 4th)- starting to forget I'm even pregnant! Is anyone else like this? Its weird- 2 weeks ago I was continually exhausted and going to bed really early.. I was also slightly nauseated by things throughout the day.. but nothing serious.. I was also really bloated and uncomfortable and my breasts were really painful.. Now I have no symptoms except that I'm a few lbs heavier than I like- but thats because I haven't been watching my food really at all. I feel like buying another test just to convince myself!! (I did 4 tests a month ago!!) I know I shouldn't be complaining but its strange! My boobs are still a bit tender to be fair but not as bad as they were..

I'm seven and a half weeks now (due Jan 4th)- starting to forget I'm even pregnant! Is anyone else like this? Its weird- 2 weeks ago I was continually exhausted and going to bed really early.. I was also slightly nauseated by things throughout the day.. but nothing serious.. I was also really bloated and uncomfortable and my breasts were really painful.. Now I have no symptoms except that I'm a few lbs heavier than I like- but thats because I haven't been watching my food really at all. I feel like buying another test just to convince myself!! (I did 4 tests a month ago!!) I know I shouldn't be complaining but its strange! My boobs are still a bit tender to be fair but not as bad as they were..
    Ditto!! Except last night on the bus home I was gonna vomit so so bad.was thinking of making another app with doc to make sure I'm still pregnant..

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing? With the sudden lack of symptoms I have truely convinced myself I have had a missed miscarriage, so have booked in for an early ultrasound next week. Going to prepare myself for the worst but hope for the best.

Advertisement