Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Halogen Oven - Sunday Next €39.99

Options
  • 12-01-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

With stand and extender for height, chrome plated racks and tongs included. This is a great product with a 12 litre capacity bowl.

Product_detail_Wk3S.jpg

Some folks say you can cook a medium chicken in 1hr crispy outside n moist inside and oven chips are lovely all with no oil or fat.

I wonder hmmmmmmm

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

€39.99

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i use a halogen similar to this as my main oven, i have a regular oven but a halogen is superior for doing roasts, beef,chicken, i do the breakfast in it aswell rashers etc, even eggs, cleans itself also, just set to wash cycle after putting in some water and a dash of liquid..awesome products, amazing crispy roasties :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mine doesn't clean itself :(

it is bloody amazing though, I think i've only used my regular oven once or twice since i got it last year.
    one thing the pic above doesnt say is how little power it uses, iirc it used 30-40% the amount a normal oven would use and it cooks things faster.. except baked potatos for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Hmmmmm. Tell me more. Very tempted and getting hungry reading your posts.

Do you just throw in chips or sausages or roasties or is there a tray to use?

Can you cook say a roast on the bottom level and roasties on the top?

Home made chicken gougons must be gorgeous in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Thanks for this, think I might get one :D

• Advertisement

Must keep telling myself - "Google is my friend".

All questions answered below. Will definitely get one this week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 499 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Very tempted to get this myself, im a sucker for gadgets in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 maggiewhite

B@Q had the jml ones for e50 last week. I think they are great for roasting chickens and for nuggets, waffles,dipper's,sausages oven chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

one thing the pic above doesnt say is how little power it uses

Think its the 1300w model

£29. 99 in Aldi UK :confused:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_22898.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Are you sure? Most of them you just put in some hot water with washing up liquid and turn it on for a few minutes and it loosens the grease. I find it quicker and easier to just wash it myself though.
    it is bloody amazing though, I think i've only used my regular oven once or twice since i got it last year.

Same here, I've had it for a year and haven't used my oven at all!
    dfbemt wrote: »
    Hmmmmm. Tell me more. Very tempted and getting hungry reading your posts.

I would put the sausages on the top rack and if you're having chips then put them in on their own in the glass bowl. It's just brilliant, no pre heating required.
    Can you cook say a roast on the bottom level and roasties on the top?

The top rack probably wouldn't fit over a chicken but you could fit some potatoes in beside the chicken.

You can buy extension rings if you wish which will make the heating element higher so that you can do larger roasts., I don't know if they would work with the above model but most of the accessories work with all of them.

Edit:the oven in the link from theKbizzle has one of those extension rings included.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh, I just throw some hot water and fairy liquid in there for a minute to loosen the greese. even if I leave it overnight, it's so easy to clean. grease and whatnot just slides off it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Get a pound of mince, divide it in three and in 18 minutes with this baby I have 3 mouth watering burgers. MMMMMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Just set it to the closest you can get to 100 degrees, bit of water from the kettle and some detergent, it'll do the job.

I also throw in cutlery and a few plates when it's on the cleaning cycle, and to think I nearly bought a small dishwasher ;)

Snatched this up for €30 recently, already paid for itself IMO. The only problem I have with it is it's a little tricky to remove the food, nearly burnt my arm on the bowl a few times doing so. The tongs that comes with it is rubbish btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

when it says it cooks chips. does that mean it works in the same way as the tefal actifry or just regular oven chips?

I'm very tempted to buy the actifry but its 120 where i see it.I i can get more functions for less I'd nearly buy this instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

I notice you can put tin foil in the bottom to cut down on cleaning labour after.

So if doing chicken nuggets and chips would you put nuggets on bottom and chips on top ?

Good review

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1224816/Halogen-ovens-They-roast-chicken-30-minutes-clean-cost-just-40.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Which one would be better? Aldi or Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is it sad that im very excited about this.I want one so bad after watching the youtube vid!!!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Have just reserved one in Argos. Looks to be better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

Never heard of halogen ovens before this thread, but wow, just have a look at the amount of reviews on this one in Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Premium-Replaceable-WARRANTY/dp/B002LYQF7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1326458597&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭phormium

Bought one before Christmas in Dunnes for 29.99, included all the extras too, they still had them last week as I was seriously considering buying another one at that price as a spare. Bought it as a present, I have one myself since they first appeared, love it. I also bought one some time ago for my 80 yr old father who lives alone, he gets great use out of it and he doesnt have to bend down to the oven.

Bit bulky if you only have a kitchen countertop to store it on, I keep mine in the utility room.

previous discussion on them here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75636035

TheKBizzle wrote: »

Anyone know how long the warranty is on this model?

Question fòr me now is
    Aldi model - 12 litre capacity - 3 year warranty or
    Argos model - 17 litre capacity - ??? warranty

Price pretty much the same. Decisions, decisions......

Are Argos including the extender ring in the 17 lt capacity, if they are then they are both the same. Same offer in Dunnes for 29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

phormium wrote: »
    Are Argos including the extender ring in the 17 lt capacity, if they are then they are both the same. Same offer in Dunnes for 29.99.

Which Dunnes have them at that price? Called into Finglas this evening and they had one priced at €91 ....didnt catch the name of it but it was in a black and grey box .... is that the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Jambo221 wrote: »

I also throw in cutlery and a few plates when it's on the cleaning cycle, and to think I nearly bought a small dishwasher ;)

Genius!

anniehoo wrote: »
    Is it sad that im very excited about this.I want one so bad after watching the youtube vid!!!!!:o
    positron wrote: »
    Never heard of halogen ovens before this thread, but wow, just have a look at the amount of reviews on this one in Amazon.

They are really brilliant, I said earlier that I haven't used my oven since I bought mine and I have a family of 4 so I'm cooking all the time, you can make pretty much everything in them!
    phormium wrote: »

Yes, they're including the extender ring. Does the one in Dunnes have one of them?

Dunnes in Kerry, two branches, reduced from €99 to initially 49.99 and further reduction to 29.99. They were still there last week, maybe all gone at this stage. Don't remember what the box looked like, had all the accessories included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I have this one from last year, but the timer on it has never worked, which is a pity. Sadly I'd lost the receipt so never tried bringing it back. Other than the timer problem I love it. I generally just set the timer on my cooker/phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

bit off topic, but has anyone seen the steamer/grilling trays for these for sale seperately anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

its the jml one i have.. id recommend one to anybody, so handy for a small flat,camper van etc, as well as being used at home , and the food cooks deliciously

Advertisement