Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help

• 21-08-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, its my girlfriends 20th bithday n a weeks time. Weve been goin out together for just under a year. However she suffers from princess syndrome(im partly to blame for this) and she has absolutely everythin. I do buy her little gifts every now and again, however Ive no idea what to get her for her birthday present!? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Firstly I'd say stop buying all those gifts fo no reason!! She will become immune to them and won't appreciate them....and plus you'll find yourself in this situation all the time!
    If you cant think of anything to buy her then just maybe take her away for a weekend somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here, I know I should but I just like to spoil her and she loves the spontaneaty of it. I would love ro bring her away for a weekend but were both back to college in two weeks time and I dont think id be able to aford it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Trip away's always a good one if you have the cash.

Also, you may think this sounds sh*t, but make her something. I've always appreciated stuff that has time and effort put into it more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

OP I think a weekend away at 20 is very expensive and her sense of expectation must be great.

A trip to the theatre maybe nice if its a good play and is nice and sophisticated and something you can dress up for.

Work to your budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Khannie wrote: »
    Trip away's always a good one if you have the cash.

Also, you may think this sounds sh*t, but make her something. I've always appreciated stuff that has time and effort put into it more than anything else.

OP i agree with this, why dont you maybe cook a special meal at home for her, it would be a nice gesture and it might surprise her!

• Advertisement
Advertisement