Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to Buy Somersby Cider in Rep of Ireland

Options
  • 13-06-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Evening all
    Wonder if anyone would know if Somersby's Cider is for sale anywhere in the Republic of Ireland. Wife enjoyed this drink on hols and has just got promoted in work today so would like to treat her to a few bottles.
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

rocksimmo wrote: »
    Evening all
    Wonder if anyone would know if Somersby's Cider is for sale anywhere in the Republic of Ireland. Wife enjoyed this drink on hols and has just got promoted in work today so would like to treat her to a few bottles.
    Cheers in advance

Its very sweet and artificial. Why not go and buy her 4 or 5 different ones she hasnt had, perhaps some irish craft ones (lots of new ones and good ones)
    Really anywhere in ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rocksimmo

Hi adamski8. Point taken. Will visit obriens tomorrow and see whats available. cheers !!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Hi adamski8. Point taken. Will visit obriens tomorrow and see whats available. cheers !!!.

What area you living in. We might be able to advise somewhere with more choice than obriens?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Get Real

Had this in Denmark in 09, my friend was looking all over for it then. Just back from inter railing yesterday.

While at a bar in Bratislava we were watching a match, the ads came on and there was an Irish carlsberg ad (drink aware.ie in the bottom) after it finished, there was a small clip announcing carlsberg launching the Somersby brand in this market. Myself and my mate couldnt believe it, having only wondered while we don't have it here. Hopefully for you it will hit the main market soon. However, I know it may not be the exact same, as when it came to the UK last year it was changed "for the British palate"

However, hopefully this helps you in your search, maybe get onto them or keep your eyes extra peeled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Got 12 cans for £9 in Tesco Belfast today.

• Advertisement

Well got a few cases from Tesco in Holyhead. She was very disappointed as the taste was very different from the apple jack tasting cider in Portugal. Ah well I tried. Any other cider brands which taste tangy like the Portugese somersby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Well got a few cases from Tesco in Holyhead. She was very disappointed as the taste was very different from the apple jack tasting cider in Portugal. Ah well I tried. Any other cider brands which taste tangy like the Portugese somersby

I really like Henney's Dry Cider, it has that tangy taste you are after, there's also a sweeter but still really nice medium version of it if the Dry is too "tangy" for you. Redmond's offy in Ranelagh sell it.

570.jpg

That could tick the boxes. Will tr a few local offys to see if they stock.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Its very sweet and artificial. Why not go and buy her 4 or 5 different ones she hasnt had, perhaps some irish craft ones (lots of new ones and good ones)
    Really anywhere in ROI?

Somersby Apple is a refreshing cider made from fermented apple juice and natural apple flavouring. No artificial sweeteners, flavours or colourings. Its uniquely juicy apple taste makes it a tasty and natural choice for the relaxed moments with your friends.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Somersby Apple is a refreshing cider made from fermented apple juice and natural apple flavouring. No artificial sweeteners, flavours or colourings. Its uniquely juicy apple taste makes it a tasty and natural choice for the relaxed moments with your friends.:D

Oh dear... had this recently in Bulgaria - thought they were trying to poison us! Thats the only cider they had anywhere - no wonder if thats what they think cider tastes like. I found it to be closer to alcopop than cider myself. As to where to get it? No idea, sorry.

• Advertisement

bigneacy wrote: »
    Oh dear... had this recently in Bulgaria - thought they were trying to poison us! Thats the only cider they had anywhere - no wonder if thats what they think cider tastes like. I found it to be closer to alcopop than cider myself. As to where to get it? No idea, sorry.

No keen on it myself. You have not far to go to get it. Tesco's in Newry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Anyone know where to buy this in the Rep. of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

Still looking for this cider.. anyone find it anywhere in Rep ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Try Toby Katy Dry, savage stuff

I got this once, never again. Im sticking to Devils Bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Maybe these guys can point you in the right direction?

http://www.exporters.sg/showroom.asp?co_id=117357

Advertisement