Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles credit union current accounts with debit card

Options
  • 19-02-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Thurles Credit Union and its counterpart in Edenderry, County Offaly are providing Visa debit cards and current accounts.

Another four credit unions are also said to be piloting debit cards.

Recent reports also suggested that eleven of the largest credit unions in the country are close to launching MasterCard debit cards.

Experts says banks will view the moves as a direct threat to their strength of providing day-to-day current accounts and payment cards.

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/a_county_tipperary_credit_union_has_entered_the_credit_card_market

Goodbye AIB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

digzy wrote: »
    So what....

Friendly not for profit community group provides fee free current account with offices that open at times when people can actually visit without taking time off work/lunch break unlike banks and all you can say is so what???

Friendly not for profit community group provides fee free current account with offices that open at times when people can actually visit without taking time off work/lunch break unlike banks and all you can say is so what???

Yeah. Debit cards. So what.
    Read the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

digzy wrote: »
    Yeah. Debit cards. So what.
    Read the link.

Of course I did. You however have no idea what it means and the effect it could have on the finance sector hence the pathetic response of 'so what'.

Great move by the CU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Carlow getting these any time soon?

I've a student account with AIB so currently have no fees but god help me when that expires!

• Advertisement

Of course I did. You however have no idea what it means and the effect it could have on the finance sector ?

Great move by the CU.

Enlighten me so. I'm sure aib et al. have faced greater challenges in the recent past. I do all my banking online. I'd rather pay the fiver a quarter that it costs me than the hassle of walking into a financial institution.
    Whether the teller gives it the 'grand soft day' shpeel is irrelevant to me. Whatever floats your boat. I'm not the kinda fella that has to get finance to buy a TV or a sofa etc..

Advertisement