Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Top Soil

Options
  • 12-08-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there. I am looking for top soil for my garden. I probably need a reasonable size truck load of it. My garden is about 15 * 5 Meters.I plan to take the first 6 inches of the current soil off the top as its full of weeds and I want to reseed it. I live in Dublin 15. Question is where do I get it. I think it will be too expensive using the bags from woodies ...Suggestions please
    Thanks
    Ciaran
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Look at donedeal.ie - lots of guys there that deliver bulk loads. I have sent you a PM with details of a guy who delivered to me recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you get a bulk delivery, make sure it's screened and ask to see it before they unload it. you don't want to be left with a load of ****ty rubble filled soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

noBrain wrote: »
    Hi there. I am looking for top soil for my garden. I probably need a reasonable size truck load of it. My garden is about 15 * 5 Meters.I plan to take the first 6 inches of the current soil off the top as its full of weeds and I want to reseed it. I live in Dublin 15. Question is where do I get it. I think it will be too expensive using the bags from woodies ...Suggestions please
    Thanks
    Ciaran
    Hi Ciaran,
    There are loads of different places selling topsoil. I got lots last year for raised beds and it didnt cost a fortune from the naas patio and paving centre, who do sterilised, organic approved topsoil.find them on the net.They delivered to me although i live about 30 miles from their place.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

Kind of a side question.. we have alot of top soil in our house and like to move to a mates house.. as they have a pond.. which needs to be filled..his house is 5 minutes drive.. any clever ideas.. on how we can move this.. in cost effective way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

I shifted about 4 tons of topsoil using rubble sacks. They are very sturdy and cheap, can get them in B&Q. Get a plastic waste bin as a holder, put sack in, fill up, remove sack and over and over again. Moved them with my car. Better than a wheel barrow.
    Of course a trailer would be best but don't have access to one and car wont take one so that was the best way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

redser7 wrote: »
    I shifted about 4 tons of topsoil using rubble sacks. They are very sturdy and cheap, can get them in B&Q. Get a plastic waste bin as a holder, put sack in, fill up, remove sack and over and over again. Moved them with my car. Better than a wheel barrow.
    Of course a trailer would be best but don't have access to one and car wont take one so that was the best way.

I know a cute whore who did something like that but dropped his car into be serviced the same day and loaded down the garage replacement car with top soil bags from the garden centre. Didn't wanna damage his own suspension.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Suggestions please

Try the Landscape Depot in Tallaght. I know they do sand, gravel, sleepers, turf etc so they probably sell topsoil too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Very sneaky :) Yeah had to be careful not to overload it. Took a good few trips I can tell you.

Advertisement