Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas presents for kids.

Options
  • 14-12-2014 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Had a conversation with a friend regarding how they buy Christmas presents for their kids.

I asked if they ask the kids what they want for christmas and he said no they just get what he thinks the kids would want.

I would be the opposite, I ask the kids what they want and they usually get it if unless it's too expensive or outrageous.

Interested in hearing other thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

mine are older teens so I'd usually ask what they wanted or felt they needed and we'd come to a joint decision, and if the cost was too expensive, they'd come halves on the present. we'd usually then include a few little surprise things too, might be something the need anyway, or a joke thing or a treat they didn't even know they wanted!

whatever works for the family is my rule. what age kids are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

mine are older teens so I'd usually ask what they wanted or felt they needed and we'd come to a joint decision, and if the cost was too expensive, they'd come halves on the present. we'd usually then include a few little surprise things too, might be something the need anyway, or a joke thing or a treat they didn't even know they wanted!

whatever works for the family is my rule. what age kids are you talking about?

Will my kids are three and five so it's all Lego madness. My friends kids are older but both under twelve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

When my daughter was younger I wouldn't have had to ask, she'd be asking Santa so I'd know what she wanted! Now... Well that's a different story, she's 14, so I ask and ask until I get an answer! This year she hasn't a clue what she wants so we have decided to just give her money/vouchers and a few little bits.

Advertisement