Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

1260261262263264266»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

get that chip off your shoulder and lighten up!
    It was a joke! No need to take it so hard! I had read the article Saturday morning and I genuinely thought it was yours when I read it last night given it was word for word in certain parts until you replied. Its no harm quoting it, but no need to get so b1tchy! I was just having a joke with the second reply. wink.png

I know you arent the only one on Boards who passes work off as their own and it makes ZERO odds to me. I was genuinely interested whether it was your blog.

Why you brought my posting in another thread into it is beyond me??!!

I just put together your posts in the last 100 posts in this thread to show you why somebody might take you as a p*taker and not a football fan.

Do you ever talk about the football or the players and what they do on the pitch?

not sure if this is a p1ss take but if not...................

Ron-Burgundy-Say-What-Anchorman-2.gif
    I thought the poster was taking the p!! Then I saw some of his posts! He put some peroxide in his bloody hair! He didn't climb Everest for charity!
    I bleached my hair in early 2000s! I should have patented the look! I was very brave and expressive back then, my "I don't care what you say" vibe emanated from his heart and seeped through my scalp.
    oh, don't start him! Cue post re it being ok to applaud a pre season win but it's also fair game to defend a pre season defeat I'd predict!

I wouldnt judge a team on either but the level of hyperbolism in some of these posts is both funny and baffling!
    Do you ever feel like you are talking to your shadow! :D
    nope...............

Good blog, you do a fine job :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just put together your posts in the last 100 posts in this thread to show you why somebody might take you as a p*taker and not a football fan.

Do you ever talk about the football or the players and what they do on the pitch?

?????????? What in gods name??????

I asked him was it his f'in blog. ! Genuine question.

I dont have to justify my interest in soccer at all to you? But yeah, you know more than me because you write in Boards. What do you want, quiz ! Stop trying to ignite an argument.

Nice research though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I had read the article Saturday morning and I genuinely thought it was yours when I read it last night given it was word for word in certain parts until you replied. Its no harm quoting it, but no need to get so b1tchy! I was just having a joke with the second reply. ;)

I know you arent the only one on Boards who passes work off as their own and it makes ZERO odds to me. I was genuinely interested whether it was your blog.

Why you brought my posting in another thread into it is beyond me??!!

You genuinely thought it was my blog did you ?
    Considering the title of that article was "Bravo Barcelona! Blaugrana right to sacrifice Chilean for Ter Stegen" and my post and my previous one argued that Bravo was a better keeper and it was a mistake by Barcelona to sell him.
    There would seem to be a bit of a contradiction there don't you think ?
    It would be a baffling move to sell him ,he is a vastly superior keeper to Ter Stegen .
    The guy has been immense for Barcelona over the last 2 seasons ,he should be number 1 ,but I guess Ter Stegen is younger and Barcelona are looking to the future.

I will agree I lifted a few lines from that article on Goal.com ,of that I am guilty.
    It was late ,2am and I was tired ,I had watched the highlights of the Barcelona game and wanted to express my opinion on Bravos potential move and to gauge other peoples opinion.
    I was genuinely interested whether it was your blog.
    You-must-think.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

didn't realise Bravo had a price tag and it being 17m, no brainer to let a 34 year old keeper go for 17m.

Good keeper it has to be said, strange to have had some confidence in goal when Pinto was always there lurking if Valdes ever got injured...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dfx- wrote: »
    didn't realise Bravo had a price tag and it being 17m, no brainer to let a 34 year old keeper go for 17m.

Good keeper it has to be said, strange to have had some confidence in goal when Pinto was always there lurking if Valdes ever got injured...

Bloody hell... theres a name I thought I'd sent to the back of my mind never to be heard or seen again. That pony tail though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The braids were better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Though it's not strictly Barcelona news I think all of us who support Barcelona have taken Argentina's football hopes to heart since the emergence of Messi. Last night was a watershed moment in Messi's career, not just because he banged in an incredible goal and registered 2 assists his one man pursuit to drag Argentina to the World Cup, but equally important last night was that we saw another example of the man that Messi has grown into. He was the guy front and centre with the microphone, with HIS squad behind him, leading the media boycott in defence of HIS teammate. Considering the shy and retreating nature of his character earlier, it's really something to see him step up and take on such responsibility both for club and country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Been ages since I posted here.

What do feelow Cules feel we need to do to accommodate Iniestas departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Am I missing something here?
    Why is there an 18 month gap between the last 2 posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Because Barca are more than a team and their DNA runs so deeply throughout their fans veins that they communicate via telepathy.

Or is it just because no one has posted in this thread for 18 months?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

NIMAN wrote: »
    Am I missing something here?
    Why is there an 18 month gap between the last 2 posts?

AIG is gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

AIG is gone...

Sadly yes ,he seemed to divide opinion but he was a good source of information on La Liga and I always found his posts interesting , if a bit over the top at times.

Most of the discussion of Spanish football is now solely in the La Liga thread ,it probably makes more sense to have it in there as the vast majority of posts would be with regard to the big two Barcelona or Real Madrid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cannot replace Iniesta. I'd be interested in Mane if not Griezmann and go back to 4-3-3. How many years has Suarez left in him at the top..
    AIG is gone...

Barcelona are not a popular team (a cursory glance at the Xavi thread when he retired or during any matchthread against an English side).

Also redout is missed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Cannot replace Iniesta. I'd be interested in Mane if not Griezmann and go back to 4-3-3. How many years has Suarez left in him at the top..

Barcelona are not a popular team (a cursory glance at the Xavi thread when he retired or during any matchthread against an English side).

Also redout is missed...

I think Mane suits the loose chaos of Liverpool well but I'm not convinced he has the consistency to play for Barca.

Weaker teams can make great use of more mercurial talents because if the stars align they can allow them to punch above their weight.

Barca have tended to have players as good as Mane at his best but they perform pretty much the whole year around.

Also, stay the **** away from our Sadio! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Also redout is missed...

This.

Advertisement