Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning exhaust tips

Options
  • 01-04-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

I have a lot of black sooty residue on both my 350z's exhaust tips.

Does anybody have any tips on products to use to remove this dirt and get these shiny again?

V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Autosol is very good.
    NXT by Meguiar's, or any metal polish really!

0000 grade or the first grade steel wool and a blob of polish. Give it a scrub. Should come up really well. May need a de-tar first. Once happy with the result from the steel wool, a dab on the microfiber cloth to buff it up to the high shine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

As above, Autosol is the stuff you need. The Meguiars metal polish is nowhere near as good. I use a small amount of Autosol on my S4 exhaust every time I wash the car, it is much easier to keep the exhaust clean that way rather than letting the dirt build up and then trying to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Autosol it is then...!

Thanks for the tips (no pun intended) lads.

Advertisement