Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

BBC's David Ornstein reporting the Carorla has travelled with the squad and the siging will be announced tomorrow, the love teasing us and making us wait damn you Arsenal.

Also reporting were still working on the Sahin deal.

Come on ffs we want some confirmed players :).

Edit: beaten to it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Usmanov speaks out again about the board, and how he intends to keep buying shares.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-06/usmanov-arsenal-are-in-decline/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We signed podolski, giroud, and cazorla
    For the same money we sold clichy and narsi for

Arsene and Ivan I salute you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Add Sahin, Shaw and depending on RVP, Niang and that's a very tidy summer for us imo.

cson wrote: »
    Add Sahin, Shaw and depending on RVP, Niang and that's a very tidy summer for us imo.

Is there much to the shaw thing haven't seen much about it
    I'm not sure how I feel about the niang deal surely it would mean the end of afobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Is there much to the shaw thing haven't seen much about it
    I'm not sure how I feel about the niang deal surely it would mean the end of afobe

I doubt it, everybody gets a chance to prove their worth. Can't see him being let go, he's only 19. Hopefully he'll do well at Bolton this season and get a few appearance next year for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

• Advertisement

Now onto sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I love arseblog's comment on the signing
    The two-time European Championship winner has joined Arsene Wenger’s squad on their pre-season fitness camp in Germany this week and could make his debut against Cologne on August 12. He follows Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud as the third signing of the summer and would definitely be the ugly one if they were a boyband.

Makes a mockery of Rvp's statement all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lets see what he has to say now :) if that's not a sign of intent I don't know what is!

What a summer already.
    I'd like to shake RVP hand and tell him to close the door after him.:D

RVP 11 wrote: »
    What a summer already.

While I fully agree with ya I'm changing my tune a bit, I think we're neck and neck with utd now don't think we should sell to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

The club has called Robin's bluff, its his move now- if he leaves it shows his statement up as lies and we're better off without him.
    If he stays, we as fans should just forget about the statement and carry on as normal. We'll still have a world class striker at the end of the day- better off to get behind him rather than have things turn toxic like with Adebayor in his last season.

Either way; the squad is far better than last season regardless of what RvP decides so it doesn't really matter what he does now!

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lets see what he has to say now :) if that's not a sign of intent I don't know what is!

Well he never said he wants to leave so I guess he could say they showed ambition I'm staying
    I'd still like him gone though

• Advertisement

While I fully agree with ya I'm changing my tune a bit, I think we're neck and neck with utd now don't think we should sell to them

I don't think we should care at this stage, if we are going to sell him and not have the chance of him disrupting our dressing room, or keep our new boy Giroud to a limited number of starts, i think we should set a price and accept it if it's met.

I don't think we should care at this stage, if we are going to sell him and not have the chance of him disrupting our dressing room, or keep our new boy Giroud to a limited number of starts, i think we should set a price and accept it if it's met.

I still want him gone but would take the lesser money and ship him off to Italy

Dare I say we might challenge next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Yay!
    If Van Persie signs a new deal and we get ourselves a full back we will have a serious outfit for next season.
    Also Fabregas and Pires helped convince Cazorla to sign. Top guys, wonder would Adebayor/Nasri do the same if someone asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

The eagle has landed.

The sleigh is on the roof (santi related joke).

Now, Sahin.

Do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Na'h if i'd a choice of keeping RVP or selling i'd keep him all day long at the end of the day he's world class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would really love to see us sign a RB now. Jenkinson scares the life out of me. Sagna is so important it isn't funny.

Delighted with Cazorla. New shirt will be getting his name on it.

• Advertisement

£12m what a piece of business

I still want him gone but would take the lesser money and ship him off to Italy

Dare I say we might challenge next season

You may!!!:)
    I would expect us to push the leaders all the way.

I'd say Arteta is creaming himself with Cazorla joining :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This doesn't feel at all like previous summers... We're buying, we're showing intent, we're building a ****ing squad!!

zp_149882744_SM_MAFC_AA8_B446_copy_2652.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

What a signing. Wenger means business

• Advertisement

zp_149882744_SM_MAFC_AA8_B446_copy_2652.jpg

Photo taken 2 August I'd guess.

Ba5tards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nice... it's as if Wenger has been saving all those pennys over the last few years and all of a sudden decided to just go mad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Also good to see the U21s playing in the Emirates, and for dirt cheap too. £3

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/173433/reserves/arsenal-res-v-blackburn-res?tab=tickets

Club is really doing good work this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AND a big THANK YOU to RVP for manufacturing all those signings. Great bit of psychology by him. Now to announce that he's staying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

What a summer already.

need to change your forum name mate lol

i dont think were finished yet either

Anybody know how much he actually cost yet? I'm hearing anything in the range from £11m to £17m odd.

need to change your forum name mate lol

lol you have to pay for that privilege, couldn't be arsed :D

dvemail wrote: »
    Anybody know how much he actually cost yet? I'm hearing anything in the range from £11m to £17m odd.

Read it was £12M, an absolute steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Brilliant news, seems the RVP saga has turned out to be a good omen for the club- three quality signings in one season, cant remember the last time Arsenal were that proactive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Always reckoned RVP was 50\50, if we got noone he was gone. I think he did it to give Arsene and the board a kick up the arse but he went about it in a really sh1tty way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As long we get 1 or 2 more we'll definitly challenge next year, Hope the link with Van der Wiel is true we're badly stuck at RB be fun when Sagna comes back though , both fantastic players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As long we get 1 or 2 more we'll definitly challenge next year, Hope the link with Van der Wiel is true we're badly stuck at RB be fun when Sagna comes back though , both fantastic players
    We should buy someone who can play both RB and LB and cover two problem areas I feel. Anyone know a good mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Someone really needs to revive the Arsenal/Wenger done thread.:P

As a Liverpool fan I am really jealous and impressed by the business that Wenger has done this window .
    But I am also impressed at how he held firm on his belief last season that there was no value in the market, and going by what my team purchased over the past 18months then that is the evidence right there :o

Actually can't wait for the new season to start. With the signings made between ourselves and Chelsea the gap between all the top 4/5 clubs should be bugger all compared to last season.
    Should be a cracker.

What i find most satisfying out of all of this is Mancini & City hasn't got anyone yet, if they do at all, and had they bought the 3 players we had it would probably have cost them £65m+ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What i find most satisfying out of all of this is Mancini & City hasn't got anyone yet, if they do at all, and had they bought the 3 players we had it would probably have cost them £60m+ :D

They dont really need to though, do they?

They dont really need to though, do they?

When did that ever stop them overinflating the market?
    The only thing stopping them is the 25 man squad rule, which is why they need to offload some players.
    And that is practically impossibe because of the wages they are paying them.

Come on Robin.

Repent, and you shall be forgiven.

Welcomed with open arms, in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I still think you need a bit of steel in your side.
    Another defender wouldnt go amiss or a ball winning midfielder
    Maybe even a better goalkeeper?

Your attack was fantastic last season, defence not so much - perhaps down to injurys?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement