Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nasri verbally agreed a contract the. Renaged on it when PSG came sniffing around
    I think that's what people were mad about its all about money with him

thanks couldnt actually remember the PSG thing but for such a reputation to be started only for him to then end up at City when Utd where also Interested would certainly cement his image with the fans. I know everyone cant be held to your own standards but I guess I just see Nasri not helping himself ever with how he responds to the Arsenal fans reaction to him. I honestly think he will be in danger of being rememberd for that transfer alone no matter how many trophys City pick up while he is in their squad the way things seem.

Soups123 wrote: »
    My 2pnce Veira might have said come along its great over here but ultimately players like Nasri have there own super ego, they listen to themselves, 200K a week and the chance to be part of the City project is what got him there couple with our lack of immediate offering of success. Veira there or not it was still going to happen.

But to use that excuse is to sweep under the carpet the reasons why Arsenal can't keep top quality players.....and that is Ambition.
    Will everyone call RVP the same if he goes to City on the last day of this window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

RVP 11 wrote: »
    IMO Henry left for one thing only.....The Champions League.
    And who can blame him for all the years service he gave and carried us through the competition many times.

So... you agree with me?

Galvasean wrote: »
    So... you agree with me?

Why do i have to thank you first? :)
    I agree that when players leave because they aren't getting what they want at their current club, you have to accept it, and not abuse them or threaten them on twitter, like so many Arsenal fans have done.;)
    Henry had helped us win everything else by that stage so it's not as B&W as you made out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Nasri verbally agreed a contract the. Renaged on it when PSG came sniffing around
    I think that's what people were mad about its all about money with him

thanks couldnt actually remember the PSG thing but for such a reputation to be started only for him to then end up at City when Utd where also Interested would certainly cement his image with the fans. I know everyone cant be held to your own standards but I guess I just see Nasri not helping himself ever with how he responds to the Arsenal fans reaction to him. I honestly think he will be in danger of being rememberd for that transfer alone no matter how many trophys City pick up while he is in their squad the way things seem.

In fairness to nasri the abuse he gets on twitter of arsenal fans is unreal, so I will leave him have his little dig or two
    He will never be remembered as a big time arsenal player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I predict that nasri will be shipped out of City next year if he has the same form he showed this season. They are a flavour of the month club, if a player thinks they have a secure base at City, except for a few like Yaya, Aguero, Kompany they must be deluded. I don't think you can trust the club to support you in the long run if they can buy basically whoever they like within reason in every transfer window that comes around.

But to use that excuse is to sweep under the carpet the reasons why Arsenal can't keep top quality players.....and that is Ambition.
    Will everyone call RVP the same if he goes to City on the last day of this window?

Again I can imagine that being as you said about ambition and atleast with the signing of Podolski already and strong hints at a DM like M'Villa it seems your showing some atm. If thats followed through they would be showing RVP and the fans ambition. I'd be a bit disapointed if He made that move though as he doesent seem like the type that will force the move (or be anything but a pro as his contract runs down) and despite him only having 1 year on his contract it's still Arsenals choice if they sold him.

If the rumours of hazard to city are true, nasri could be out the door this summer

Again I can imagine that being as you said about ambition and atleast with the signing of Podolski already and strong hints at a DM like M'Villa it seems your showing some atm. If thats followed through they would be showing RVP and the fans ambition. I'd be a bit disapointed if He made that move though as he doesent seem like the type that will force the move (or be anything but a pro as his contract runs down) and despite him only having 1 year on his contract it's still Arsenals choice if they sold him.

It's a funny old game as they say, but like you say we have shown some ambition, lets' see if he feels it's enough for his highly talented boots.

HazDanz wrote: »
    I predict that nasri will be shipped out of City next year if he has the same form he showed this season. They are a flavour of the month club, if a player thinks they have a secure base at City, except for a few like Yaya, Aguero, Kompany they must be deluded. I don't think you can trust the club to support you in the long run if they can buy basically whoever they like within reason in every transfer window that comes around.

Player like Nasri with the wages they are on will be hard to shift onwards though, not many of the teams he would consider himself good enough for would pay him that and those that might want him def wont. At best id imagine an Adebayor type loan where City still pay a lot of the bill if he went anytime soon. Peoples opinions of him would rise though if he did himself want out to get first team football and accepted lower wages elsewhere

• Advertisement

Player like Nasri with the wages they are on will be hard to shift onwards though, not many of the teams he would consider himself good enough for would pay him that and those that might want him def wont. At best id imagine an Adebayor type loan where City still pay a lot of the bill if he went anytime soon. Peoples opinions of him would rise though if he did himself want out to get first team football and accepted lower wages elsewhere

Sure he can always come back to use, dust off the old contract if things go pear shaped for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anything on possible signings? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Redzer7 wrote: »

Yeah, no more talk of these two signings that were waiting in the wings for CL guarantee?

maximoose wrote: »
    Redzer7 wrote: »

Yeah, no more talk of these two signings that were waiting in the wings for CL guarantee?

French league over may 20th
    Expect more on mvila then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think Arsene and Arsenal have ambition I think its how we try to achieve it (over the past few years) is the problem

French league over may 20th
    Expect more on mvila then

Only five more sleeps so! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When I seen so many new pages I thought something had happened. Shame it was all about Nasri :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Why do i have to thank you first? :)
    I agree that when players leave because they aren't getting what they want at their current club, you have to accept it, and not abuse them or threaten them on twitter, like so many Arsenal fans have done.;)
    Henry had helped us win everything else by that stage so it's not as B&W as you made out.

He moved on because he felt the club could not match his ambition (ie: winning the Champions League), the very thing you said the players on my list didn't leave for.
    Honestly, I think you enjoy being argumentative for the sake of it at this stage.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think Arsene and Arsenal have ambition I think its how we try to achieve it (over the past few years) is the problem

Ah come on!
    How many times has Wenger hinted at being happy with 3rd or 4th.
    When the supporters were complaining he would say stuff like " I can't understand supporters complaining"
    The board on the one hand were saying there was money to be spent and Wenger on the other hand was saying "Well only if the right player comes along"....i always took that as meaning "Cut price rejects from other clubs"
    How is that ambitious?

Chamakh, Gervinho, Park, Miyaichi, Vela, Bendtner....not very ambitious.

Ah come on!
    When the supporters were complaining he would say stuff like " I can't understand supporters complaining"
    The board on the one hand were saying there was money to be spent and Wenger on the other hand was saying "Well only if the right player comes along"....i always took that as meaning "Cut price rejects from other clubs"
    How is that ambitious?

Chamakh, Gervinho, Park, Miyaichi, Vela, Bendtner....not very ambitious.

Hold out on this lad he shows promise.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    He moved on because he felt the club could not match his ambition (ie: winning the Champions League), the very thing you said the players on my list didn't leave for.
    Honestly, I think you enjoy being argumentative for the sake of it at this stage.

I said they didn't leave to win SOMETHING/ANYTHING.
    Which is why Nasri & Fabregas did, no argument.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Hold out on this lad he shows promise.
    By the time we find out he will be 25 and looking for a move.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Fab was going home, Henry had given everything to the club and brought us titles. The common denominator with Nasri/Ade/Cole is that they went to another premiership team, hence the bitterness.

Nasri was well within his rights to say what he did. He's had a sh1t time all year from morons and I'd be sticking the boot in too tbh. He said he went to compete and win titles, all he got all year was that he went for the cash so he's entitled to hold up his premiership winners medal and say 'this is what it's about'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ah come on!

That is only since moving to the Emirates . Never would have heard anything like that before.

Wenger knew the team would suffer as a result of building the stadium and hence the comments. We have to be realistic. Dont think we can possibly be competing properly for titles until the stadium business is finished(which i believe it will be in two or three years).

It took 2 of the worlds richest men to take over clubs and spend spend spend to knock Arsenal down and this was while we build and paid for a new stadium which will sustain the club for 50 years.

Wenger is a genius imo what he has done to Arsenal. Not without his flaws but still a genius.

Of course in a few years when the debt is paid if we are still payin pittance and losing our best players then we can go mad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Charlie Wyett ‏ @CharlieWyett
    Van Persie meets Arsenal officials tmrw. My hunch is that he will tell them the news they do not want to hear. . .and that he wants a move

But, I think Arsenal will stay firm and end up holding Van Persie to the last year of his contract. Would you sell him?

jonny666 wrote: »
    That is only since moving to the Emirates . Never would have heard anything like that before.

Wenger knew the team would suffer as a result of building the stadium and hence the comments. We have to be realistic. Dont think we can possibly be competing properly for titles until the stadium business is finished(which i believe it will be in two or three years).

It took 2 of the worlds richest men to take over clubs and spend spend spend to knock Arsenal down and this was while we build and paid for a new stadium which will sustain the club for 50 years.

Wenger is a genius imo what he has done to Arsenal. Not without his flaws but still a genius.

Of course in a few years when the debt is paid if we are still payin pittance and losing our best players then we can go mad!!!

Spending £50m when the club is in dire need of talent isn't going to break the bank, this is why the ambition is questionable.
    Buying players who haven't a hope of breaking into our squad just to fill the numbers, isn't ambitious.
    Posting a Profit has been Wengers priority, as his job is safer, then, Champions League qualification.
    And before you ask, i don't blame him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

i'm here to post an opinion, not be part of your little "thank you" crew.:)

That's actually the 'RVP 11 is a pain in the ass' crew and you set it up all by yourself. You could be an an argument with the love child of Pol Pot and Ashley Cole and they'd get huge thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

jonny666 wrote: »

I was about to respond to RVP, but this is exactly how I see it. Building the stadium and making us a bigger club is ambition, I think financially we have been strapped and therefore havent been able to splash the cash. Problem with our ambition is that its taken time to line up all the ducks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Paully D wrote: »
    Van Persie meets Arsenal officials tmrw. My hunch is that he will tell them the news they do not want to hear. . .and that he wants a move

But, I think Arsenal will stay firm and end up holding Van Persie to the last year of his contract. Would you sell him?

Take the money if he wants to go. Nothin less then 50 million. If not. Run down the contract
    Whatever the **** happens they better get it sorted quick

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    That's actually the 'RVP 11 is a pain in the ass' crew and you set it up all by yourself. You could be an an argument with the love child of Pol Pot and Ashley Cole and they'd get huge thanks.
    Oh look, it's emergingstars burd!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement