Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Eagles V Munster - Chicago 26th August

Options
  • 17-08-2007 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Where is Cronin? Disappointed Shane O'Connor seems to have been cut loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

Even without the internationals that looks like a very strong squad. I can't wait to see the new backs gel.

When was the last time we were expecting more from the Munster backs than forwards???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I presume it's not being shown on Irish TV???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I think it's been shown on Setanta... according to another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

komodosp wrote:
    I think it's been shown on Setanta... according to another thread

I checked there on the Setanta site, couldn't find it... Is it possibly Setanta in America (judging by the ad shown above...)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

the lack of sound is extremely annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Crap, I've missed most of it and it doesn't appear that it'll be repeated.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Munster paid USA far too much respect in the first half.Waited for the USA to run at them rather than attack their line. Warrick looked very impressive along with Sh Gerry Hurley.

Second half team talk obviously did the track as from kick off Munster ran at the USA defense. Kidney rang the changes to let nearly everyone have a run. Horgan showed that there is still some spirit in the old war horse scoring a determined try and nearly scoring another late on. Mafi was all over the shop, in defense and attack. Showing glimpses of brilliance with ball in hand, jinking and weaving. Happy to see Lewis tackling hard and running lines as well.

Reckon the likes of Manning,O'Leary,Dowling and Murphy have their work cutout.Some decent singings and upcoming players showed they have the skills.

Worrying in the first half that the scrum was being destroyed but in the second half showed the determination making sh!t of the USA scrum and lineout.

All in all the USA can feel hard done by, they worked very hard and just didn't have the final touch. Twice they nearly scored,only to be let done by the last and final touch by a winger or supporting player.

Very good run out for both teams - hope this becomes a regular occurrence. USA in top form and a full Munster pack would be a full on slug fest:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Having heard the expression quite a few times from the last few weekends of rugby I can only summise that when a game is described as loose it's the commentators way of saying that the match is god awful without actually saying it. That certainly applied to this match (or at least the second half).

Advertisement