Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor problem

Options
  • 17-05-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

My sister's monitor has just died on her - literally. She was browsing the web when she heard that sound you get when someone is using a mobile phone near the monitor and then the screen just went black. She turned everything off and turned it all back on again, but the monitor is not working. The little green light at the front is not coming on.

I brought my monitor round and tried it with her cables and it worked fine, so the power is getting through them no problem - but it doesn't seem to be getting into her monitor. Is this an easy thing to fix or will she have to replace to monitor. It's an Iqon one from Tesco.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Check THE plug fuse,change the fuse 13amp.IS it lcd or crt?MIGHT be a blown fuse.You can get a monitor free on adverts.ie free stuff or a freecycle website.
    IF its crt its not worth fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

She changed the plug amp - so I think it is a case of getting a new one. Cheers anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I have hear capacitors blowing which produced a similar sound.

Advertisement