Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sylvain Marconnet ruled out of world cup

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here give a reasonable account of how much his loss will impact France? Obviously they've got cover but I know that they've been really nervous while waiting for reports of whether or not the injury would have kept him out.

The Pumas' Martin Gaitan is out as well after suffering a torn coronary artery(Jesus F@!$&% Christ) following a big hit against Wales. The Pumas are already without Martin Aramburu and Francisco Leonelli and are in trouble at outside centre. The Times(where I stole this fine information from) are reporting that Contepomi jnr could well start alongside big bro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

gosplan wrote:
    Can anyone here give a reasonable account of how much his loss will impact France? Obviously they've got cover but I know that they've been really nervous while waiting for reports of whether or not the injury would have kept him out.
    Big blow as far as I'm concerned. That's really bad news. He was a first choice prop... We can't win the RWC without a proper front row. We'll struggle mightily against Argentina... Especially if De Villiers is still injured by then... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Just read that Pieter De Villiers is playing Sunday against Wales! Good news!

LE GROUPE DES 22

Avants (12): Pieter De Villiers, Sébastien Bruno, Dimitri Szarzewski, Nicolas Mas, Jean-Baptiste Poux, Sébastien Chabal, Lionel Nallet, Jérôme Thion, Serge Betsen (cap), Imanol Harinordoquy, Thierry Dusautoir, Rémy Martin

Arrières (10): Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, Pierre Mignoni, David Skrela, Lionel Beauxis, Yannick Jauzion, David Marty, Christophe Dominici, Vincent Clerc, Aurélien Rougerie, Cédric Heymans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We'll struggle mightily

You're probably the first Frenchman ever to use such a phrase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

gosplan wrote:
    The Pumas' Martin Gaitan is out as well after suffering a torn coronary artery(Jesus F@!$&% Christ) following a big hit against Wales. The Pumas are already without Martin Aramburu and Francisco Leonelli and are in trouble at outside centre. The Times(where I stole this fine information from) are reporting that Contepomi jnr could well start alongside big bro.

I got given out to for making this exact point on another thread but yeah, good backs don't grow on trees in Argentina unlike front rows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Just read that Pieter De Villiers is playing Sunday against Wales! Good news!

Wonder do Wales have any outsized talentless galloots with no chance of making the final squad who could bop de Villiers on the nose, breaking something and then say. "I'm terribly sorry. Most out of character but these things happen. C'est la vie!"

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement