Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NightWolf2000X

Andre posted a partial picture of his receipt. If he posts the full thing the selling embargo will be lifted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Receipt sent to knightwolf . I guess I was just very lucky .

Thanks Andre. A true gent.

Fingers crossed it works man.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Shower of scumbagitos on my friends list already playing the game. Loads have it. I bought the digital version as it's handy not needing the disk. I just hope playstation give plenty of time for downloading before release.

Pre-load should begin later today.

• Advertisement

I have to say, not loving it guys. The whole 3 different styles is a good idea but severely limits move sets . Like Scorpion for example. No fire clone punch or inferno moves if you choose ninjutsu etc, and no ability to switch styles on the fly. But only 1 day in but I'm disappointed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Apparently Takeda is the top tier beast atm?

I just personally feel the three styles is a gimmick. If they fleshed out the styles then yeah great but right now they all feel like unfinished characters. They should have allowed all there specials regardless of style . Like if I do scorpions inferno flying punch move while on ninjutsu style, nothing happens at all. The move is just not there. Not replaced by something else . It feels rushed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ramza wrote: »
    Apparently Takeda is the top tier beast atm?

Have you watched the Fatal 8 tournament? If we where to judge from that alone it would seem Scorpion, Erron Black and Kung Lao are pretty strong. Scorpion can do a 45-50% combo off one bar of meter.

I'm liking the looks of Jacqueline Briggs, D'vorrah and Mileena myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Have you watched the Fatal 8 tournament? If we where to judge from that alone it would seem Scorpion, Erron Black and Kung Lao are pretty strong. Scorpion can do a 45-50% combo off one bar of meter.

I'm liking the looks of Jacqueline Briggs, D'vorrah and Mileena myself...

I didn't check it out, I must though. I don't own the game so purely speculation on my part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    I didn't check it out, I must though. I don't own the game so purely speculation on my part

@PerfectLegend: Kung Lao is a low damaging high risk low reward character

This mofo already downplaying.

Hey Andre, it didn't work :( They just wouldn't budge on the release date for me. Oh well, it was worth a try! Thanks for all the help buddy :)

Has anyone's preload for the digital edition begun? I'm on playstation network and still nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Has anyone's preload for the digital edition begun? I'm on playstation network and still nothing :(

No. Typical Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

No. Typical Sony.

12 Hours before release is standard preload time for PSN

So tomorrow at 12 we can expect preload to begin then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

andre2010 wrote: »
    They should have allowed all there specials regardless of style . Like if I do scorpions inferno flying punch move while on ninjutsu style, nothing happens at all. The move is just not there. Not replaced by something else . It feels rushed
    ...but that is entirely the point of the three styles, to not let you have access to all of their tools at the same time. Of course it's not there if you pick ninjitsu. He gets all his sword attacks, which while not terribly flashy, probably have some great properties compared to regular normals.

Sairus wrote: »
    ...but that is entirely the point of the three styles, to not let you have access to all of their tools at the same time. Of course it's not there if you pick ninjitsu. He gets all his sword attacks, which while not terribly flashy, probably have some great properties compared to regular normals.

Yeah but removing moves he has had for over a decade is silly. Why have the 3 seperate styles. Just have one with all the moves . Not sure if you have played it, but you will see what I mean , each style seems very bare bones , and I'm one of the biggest mk fans out there. Not trolling just my opinion

12 Hours before release is standard preload time for PSN

Not this time. Still not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Cannot wait to see all of the pc mods :P

• Advertisement

Just started preloading now. Thank fug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

saw watching avoidthepuddle that for the ps3 driver to work for MKX you still need one DS4 for each ps3 stick you want attached so you can sign in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So lame they never incorporated variation switching between rounds. I think it would've been hype to see Scorp take out his swords after "Round 2" and it would have endless tactical use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

So lame they never incorporated variation switching between rounds. I think it would've been hype to see Scorp take out his swords after "Round 2" and it would have endless tactical use.

Way too hectic

I think if people give variations time as they are they'll come to appreciate them as their set now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Was playing the game there, its pretty fun. If you want to use a ps3 controller you have to have a ps4 controller signed in and it assigns it to that. Wasn't able to play 2 player with my mate cause of this. Its pretty annoying but at least my ps3 controller will work.

TurboTaco wrote: »
    Was playing the game there, its pretty fun. If you want to use a ps3 controller you have to have a ps4 controller signed in and it assigns it to that. Wasn't able to play 2 player with my mate cause of this. Its pretty annoying but at least my ps3 controller will work.
    Dang, that does sound annoying. I asked MikeZ about it and it boils down to how MKX allows multiple players to earn trophies and unlocks regardless of which profile was logged in to turn on the game.
    MikeZ wrote:
    That's entirely up to MKX/NRS, it has nothing to do with devkit vs retail. A profile is not required for the driver, it is required by the GAME for savedata and trophies and things. The PS3 driver itself doesn't care about any profiles or anything at all besides which sticks are plugged in. (Though I would assume you don't need to keep the controller actually physically plugged in, just not dead, so the 2 USB ports isn't really an issue unless you're at low battery, and you can probably plug the DS4 into another USB port like your phone charger, for power. That's some sideways spin there, heh.)

SG does NOT work that way, as already shown on repeated Salty streams. SG keeps the profile that started the game always logged in, and that's the only profile it uses no matter which controllers you add or remove. You need a single DS4 to press one button and dismiss the "You plugged in a legacy controller, the Home button won't work" message that you get when plugging in a PS3 stick the first time - and we're trying to fix that, too! - but after that point you can disconnect the DS4 and play the game entirely with PS3 sticks until you turn it off. I even wrote special code where if the DS4 was in charge of the menus, when you unplug it the game finds the first PS3 stick and puts that one in charge, which is not how other console versions work.

[edit] Just checked with my phone charger, you can leave a DS4 connected to your PS4 and charge it that way. If you connect it to something else that recognizes it as a controller (like your PC, with DS4 drivers) then it will disconnect from the PS4.

tl;dr:
    If you want to use PS3 compatible controllers/sticks in MKX, you need a PS4 pad for Player 1 and Player 2 to log into accounts with. You can then plug in and out a bunch of PS3 sticks on each of those accounts without needing more PS4 pads.
    In Skullgirls you'll need one PS4 pad for one player to log in with. You can then use any PS3 sticks on Player 1 and Player 2 sides without needing to use a PS4 controller again.

Bahahahaha

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/mortal-kombat-x-30-easy-fatalities/cid=UP1018-CUSA00967_00-QUICKFTLTY000030
    $4.99 - Mortal Kombat X 30 Easy Fatalities

Finish Him! Purchase a pack of Easy Fatalities giving you access to Fatalities with simplified inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Apparently the game is unplayable on pc. I am just installing the 3 gb part now.

*update* yeah game is unplayable. Kicks you out of the game if you try to enter training mode. This play while it downloads idea was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Sairus wrote: »

I've been joking about paying for each use of a special move in SFV, it looks like we might be closer to that reality than I thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mortal Kombat X is €55.99 in Argos and is in stock now to buy on both PS4 and Xbox One.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3565944 Xbox One Link

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3431205 PS4 Link

Advertisement