Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online site builder which you pay for?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    Does anyone know if there is an online site builder out there that allows you to create a (basic) website with little restrictions which you can pay for the service and then grab the code?

I'm currently mucking about with a few of the free ones (where it's possible to grab code after) but are limited to X amount of pages, or other restrictions.

Ideally i'd like something like yola.com or webs.com where you can just pay to get the code when it's all done; I don't want any of their other frills such as hosting etc...

I use WebsiteX5 builder for other sites I create (but are all hobby) - this is a business site so I want it to be nice and modern

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BTW, I want to be able to just pay a once-off fee for creating the site and grabbing it, not an annual fee.

I would obviously need to update the site in the future and need the updated code

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Wordpress.

Wordpress is what you need. All you'll need to pay for then is a domain name and hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

"Hit publish and it works. Everywhere."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

http://www.squarespace.com/templates/ Should be discount codes available online too.

Never used it, but heard good reviews

• Advertisement

I have installed Wordpress and mucked about with it, but I seem to be getting nowhere with design. (I already have hosting & domain)

I think i'll just spend a few hours this evening going through online wordpress tutorials, there are plenty of usable templates out there, I just need to get my ass in gear re. knowledge about design/adding content

Thanks folks.

PS. I checked out the links above regarding online design.... they all seem to want a monthly fee for an 'all in one' package

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

have a look at some tutorials about creating a child theme in wordpress. how is your html and css?

^^ I paid 10euro for a Wordpress template and reckon it'll do nicely. I'm slowly getting places with it.

I'll hopefully be able to find someone online who'll do a nixer to just tidy things up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

squarespace has got everything you need and isn't eugh wordpress.

Advertisement