Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penalties for multiple traffic offenses

Options
  • 11-09-2014 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I have three traffic offenses in Irish District court, all for driving without insurance, NCT and sometimes tax. I have been banned two years and a couple of fines for the first one. I was in court for the second one. I made a mistake challenging the gardai that I had an NCT. I later realized that I actually had a tax but not NCT. The judge adjourned the case giving me a chance to seek an assistance from a solicitor. He said if found guilty you will be banned for six years and imprisoned for three months. This will be a huge blow to me and my family because I am the sole bread winner for the family. With my current immigration status, none of family members can be entitled for social welfare, so if I go to prison I will loose my job, and the blow will be really heavy. I am going in for a solicitor but any ideas what they judge may do?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need to consult a solicitor, legal advice isn't allowed on the site.

Advertisement