Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Sub Item issue. Confused...

Options
  • 09-12-2013 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post. I'm trying to edit the "our team" tab on a wordpress website, and am having trouble.

I want to add people's name links to the our team tab so they will appear as a drop down menu, so when you hover over the "our team" tab you would see a drop down of the team/contributers. (similar to the other screenshot menu)

As it stands, I would have to type in the names on the page, and link them as hyperlinks to the individuals, but you would have to go to the our team page, then click on each name to visit their profile. As you can see in the Wordpress dashboard screenshot, the names look like they are under the "our team" menu, but I don't see it when I visit the website.

Screenshot1_zps1d232282.jpg

screenshot2_zpsc56b7620.jpg

Screenshot3_zps5e7b874e.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Click the check box for each name/page then click the add to menu, drag up and down to rearrange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I think I figured it out, but the slow way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

seachto7 wrote: »
    As you can see in the Wordpress dashboard screenshot, the names look like they are under the "our team" menu, but I don't see it when I visit the website.
    Although you have figured it out, let me explain why the pages hierarchy within the Dashboard is not displayed on the site.

Before the Menus option was introduced in WordPress, menus often just listed the published pages. In this case your submenu would have appeared.

With the Menus page, you have to manually put the menu items where you want them (yes, there is an option to automatically add them). While a minor inconvenience for you, it give much more flexibility.

Advertisement