Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€100 free petrol for Camper Vans - June 1st

Options
  • 23-05-2012 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

Top Oil on Usher Quay is giving €100 free petrol to campervans (supposedly ones going to Euro 2012, but hard for them to vet).
    It's happening from 9am on Friday June 1st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Ildere

seeing as vast majority run on diesel it wont cost them much if anything

clever trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Aren't they the fellas that were caught tweaking their pumps to rip people off. More like €70 of petrol free :-p

[edit]http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/dublin-service-station-fined-14k-for-fuel-overcharging-2927898.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

same crowd that blocked the whole of dublin one day selling fuel at a euro a litre.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0330/1224314098478.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Wouldn't fill up there of they paid me

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Swanner wrote: »
    Wouldn't fill up there of they paid me

They kind of would be!

Seems an odd way to get publicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

I think this is been run in conjunction or sponsored by Paddy Powers. See hear http://blog.paddypower.com/2012/05/15/van-tastic-paddy-power-fuelling-fans-vans-to-euro-2012/
    There should be uproar if they ( Paddy Power ) dont offer the same deal to people outside Dublin.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. They'll get great publicity from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

hi guys

Just to clarify, is this only for petrol (not diesel) and is it only on June 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Printer wrote: »
    hi guys

Just to clarify, is this only for petrol (not diesel) and is it only on June 1st?

It says "€100 worth of fuel" in one of the links above so it should be petrol or diesel. It will be only on the 1st of June. You may have to show some evidence that you are actually going to the EURO 2012 to get the fuel.

Is it just €100 for the first 100 campervans to come through after 9am? Im guessing the whole thing will be done and dusted by midday then. I get to Dublin about 6pm that evening but Im sure the offer will be well over at that stage. So annoying its only in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

demoreino wrote: »
    I think this is been run in conjunction or sponsored by Paddy Powers. See hear http://blog.paddypower.com/2012/05/15/van-tastic-paddy-power-fuelling-fans-vans-to-euro-2012/
    There should be uproar if they ( Paddy Power ) dont offer the same deal to people outside Dublin.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie[/QUOTE]
    I'd say it's more to do with that petrol station - they've been trying to rebuild their reputation from the stuff in the link above, and before that they were notorious for being really expensive (they didn't really want the ordinary punter because they had so many contracts).

It's supposed to be under new management, which was what the last promotion that clogged up the quays was about, but every story I heard on it referenced the pumps issue and their previous prices so they've a long way to go to turn public opinion.

Anyone know if it is only the first 100 vans that get the free fuel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I got €51 free petrol coz my tank was half full ... Thanks Paddy and the garage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I got €51 free petrol coz my tank was half full ... Thanks Paddy and the garage :D

Did you need to show a ferry ticket or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

stevire wrote: »
    Did you need to show a ferry ticket or anything?

I asked first on the phone and was told proof was needed ... I headed in anyway and I blagged my way through saying I was going in a few days no one asked for proof ... sorted :)

Advertisement