Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Play 3rd Birthday Sale

• 02-03-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

It could be different for every region but the below link should take you to the discounted/free items.

LINK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Cheers for posting, but where oh where are the 'amazing deals' they claim to have? :( Runtastic Pro for €0.10 is a steal however!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Just grabbed the Runtastic Running Pro app for €0.10. Can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Runtastic for 10c. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

bajer101 wrote: »
    Just grabbed the Runtastic Running Pro app for €0.10. Can't argue with that.
    Got that too and it will install automatically on my Google Nexus, but wondering if there is a way to install from Google Play Store to use on my Windows phone. Anyone know how to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

leck wrote: »
    Got that too and it will install automatically on my Google Nexus, but wondering if there is a way to install from Google Play Store to use on my Windows phone. Anyone know how to do that?

There is no way to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

leck wrote: »

It's not possible.

It's like trying to install MS office on Linux. Never going to work.

balfe1990 wrote: »
    There is no way to do that.
    It's not possible.

Yep, just realized that was a really stupid question. I can see Runtastic Pro is available in Windows Store for 4.99.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I was going to post about this myself.

I bought FaceTune when it was €2.69, thought it was alright but not great, refunded. Got it again when it was €0.89, again found it to be Meh so I refunded it. Now that it's €0.10 I think I'll keep it haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

thanks for the post but probably loads of better deals on uk and us versions of this too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

daytob wrote: »
    thanks for the post but probably loads of better deals on uk and us versions of this too :confused:

Here is a screen capture of the US version.

Google-Play-Birthday-Sale.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i have endomondo pro, guessing runtastic pro isnt worth it then. and think the free version of the sit up app will do haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A link for those that aren't logged in, or don't want to, for whatever reason.

Play's 3rd Birthday

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_30012f5_play_bday_2015_xfn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's not possible.

I have MS office installed on Linux and it works great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

BTW Runtastic gives you incorrect measurements when running at least, I always used sportypal for my tracker and when I got a Sony Smartwatch 2 i used runtastic but my distances were different.
    I checked distances on mapmyrun and Runtastic was giving wrong distance whereas sportypal and Endomondo were correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Overall, this is a fairly rubbish special offer, and you can blame developers for that, especially when it comes to licensing. It's not quite Google's fault.

However, the best items are the two Runtastic apps and, especially, Wunderlist Pro. This is usually €44.99 per year, but it'll cost us €4.99 if you buy within the Android app. For this alone, it's worth it.

If you're a business owner or are someone in charge, get your team to buy this app for your staff and save hundreds. No joke.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Overall, this is a fairly rubbish special offer, and you can blame developers for that, especially when it comes to licensing. It's not quite Google's fault.

However, the best items are the two Runtastic apps and, especially, Wunderlist Pro. This is usually €44.99 per year, but it'll cost us €4.99 if you buy within the Android app. For this alone, it's worth it.

If you're a business owner or are someone in charge, get your team to buy this app for your staff and save hundreds. No joke.

Thanks OP.

Yeah, Wunderlist is incredible for productivity, note taking, list making, sharing ideas, syncing between devices and people and so on.

Its a pity they don't have a mirror sale for Windows Phone on at the moment, else I'd snap it up right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Theres another page with more movies in the Play Birthday sale:

https://play.google.com/store/movies/collection/promotion_4000e95_play_bday_2015_movies

Picked up A Million ways to die in the West for €3 and Star trek into Darkness for €3.99

Go to local electronic store, or use an emulator (like Bluestacks or ManyMo), open app when logged into Android with your account. Buy pro cheap. Done. :)

Theres another page with more movies in the Play Birthday sale...

Thanks for sharing. However, unless you're into movies, this isn't for you. Thanks though!

Google Play isn't actually 3 until the 9th of March I believe so hopefully better offers to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

If you buy the Wunderlist Pro annual subscription through the in-app purchase for $4.99, does that enable the Pro features of your account within Wunderlist clients on other platforms like Windows / iPhone ?

Thanks,
    Eddie

Yup. It's cross platform Pro. And I think you might even be be to stack them. I'm investigating it.

I downloaded Wunderlist last night to my Google Nexus. Got an email a few minutes ago asking me to confirm my password and giving me the option to also download to other devices. I chose to install on Windows Phone and on my PC.

Confused on a couple of things - it's giving me the option to use my MS account, Facebook or Google or to create a new free account. Is there any good reason to choose one of these over the other? I'm inclined to use Google only because I use GMail and Google Calendar.

Also a few posts upthread have mentioned Wunderlist Pro - I can't find this in the store. Is it only available to business users or something? What are its advantages over the regular version?

EDITED TO ADD - I found how to upgrade to Wunderlist Pro - if I used Windows Phone or Windows 8 PC, it was going to cost me €44.99 for the year, but using the Google Nexus, it was USD4.99 for the year. I'm annoyed that the last time I looked at my Google Play account I had over USD50 in there, earned with some promotions, but all that value expired on March 2.

And yes, the Pro annual sub on the Android device has enabled the Pro version on the two Windows devices - I think that answers Fast Eddie's question up above.

The first Fast and Furious film is free on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/movies/details?id=lLQ1j81KqLI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

seems like theres loads of free books and comics too.
    maybe they're always free i've never looked before

SLhQAgAAQBAJ?fife=w300

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Coldplays new album is free too

Advertisement