Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Moto G from Tesco for £129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just to let the previous few posters know, I ordered mine last Thursday but didn't get any dispatch email or anything. I did get a text off Parcel Motel last night to say my phone was ready for collection. So, don't worry if you didn't get any email from Tesco.

Haven't got a chance to use the phone yet, didn't realise it needed a Micro SIM so just waiting for that to change over before using!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I want to get my mum her first smartphone, been hearing good things about the motoG.
    Good option?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

I want to get my mum her first smartphone, been hearing good things about the motoG.
    Good option?

Excellent,

can easily handle basic tasks like web surfing, whatsapp, viber, etc. while also feeling snappy and able to run nearly all graphic intensive apps reasonably well (for example I can play GTA: San Andreas on it at a very acceptable frame rate, although I assume your mum won't be playing that ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Mine has been dispatched, however on the Tesco website, under Delivery Details it has the Ulster Parcel Motel address which is grand, but doesn't show any mention of my PM number, even though when initially filling out my details I included it.

In my first "welcome" email from Tesco it listed all the information perfectly under my delivery address but now that it has been sent they've decided to leave some of it out.

Any advice?

EDIT: I called Tesco Direct, seems that the on screen info is a summarised version of the delivery address and was assured that the full address including my PM number is on the parcel.

Fingers crossed!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

Just ordered one. Double on clubcard vouchers so only cost £50. Collect next week. Cool ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

nordydan wrote: »
    Just ordered one. Double on clubcard vouchers so only cost £50. Collect next week. Cool ;-)

what does "double on clubcard" mean? i know what a cc is. just dont get the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

emo72 wrote: »
    what does "double on clubcard" mean? i know what a cc is. just dont get the deal.
    It means I had 42.50 of clubcard vouchers to use and threw them all into purchase of phone. Hence £85 discount. Didn't expect it but was there at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

ryanch09 wrote: »
    (for example I can play GTA: San Andreas on it at a very acceptable frame rate, although I assume your mum won't be playing that ;) )

What way are you controlling San Andreas?

I received this for my Moto G yesterday. :)

Might do a review video soon if i get the time and the confidence! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

Apparently Tesco forgot to include my PMID on the parcel. Has anyone had any trouble with contacting Parcel Motel about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

flabee113 wrote: »
    Apparently Tesco forgot to include my PMID on the parcel. Has anyone had any trouble with contacting Parcel Motel about this?
    I've had it happen with a company that sent it to Parcel Motel without PMID before.

But if you have details of the package (e.g. from whom, approx. when it would have arrived and any other tracking info for the parcel from the seller) they were fine to update it and forward it on to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

flabee113 wrote: »

Tesco done this with a package of mine before. Never had a problem contacting parcel motel. What happens is you must have put your pmid in as your first name.Sometimes tesco omit the first name and just write Mr Bloggs. What PM was look up my name and sent it to the other person in their database. I got it back eventually after about 10 days but was a right mess. My advice would be to contact parcel motel as soon as possible and have them look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Just a reminder that the £10 coupon for new customers is:
    TDX-PWTH

The £15 off coupon doesnt seem to be working anymore for some people, anyway its:
    TDXR-PYRT

Its saying its linked to another account and can only be used with that account.
    I'm not buying the phone, just testing the code for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

bonkers wrote: »

Unless you're going to hack it the S3 is a pretty old version of android and as it runs Samsung Touchwiz it would not run as smooth as the Moto G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

whats the battery life like with the moto g?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

Bought one of these which should be here in next few days, it will be locked to tesco uk, i hear that it can be unlocked from ebay but can't find where,

Any links from ebay sellers for moto G 4G?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just look for Moto G unlock code. Leave out the 4G bit.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

oceancat wrote: »
    Bought one of these which should be here in next few days, it will be locked to tesco uk, i hear that it can be unlocked from ebay but can't find where,

Any links from ebay sellers for moto G 4G?

Thanks

i'm having problems unlocking mine, i originally paid £1.69 and sent them the imei number, but they emailed me back and said they couldn't get a code for the phone. so they gave me another item to get the code but its costing £6.49now. and ill be waiting a few days possibly for it

heres the email i got from them

Hi

I am very sorry the system had come back with:

Your order for Motorola unlock code has processing failure .
    Reason : Not Found

if your still looking to have your device unlocked please view our item no : 161204237684

I will process a refund now for you sorry for any inconvenience

regards

i'm having problems unlocking mine, i originally paid £1.69 and sent them the imei number, but they emailed me back and said they couldn't get a code for the phone. so they gave me another item to get the code but its costing £6.49now. and ill be waiting a few days possibly for it

Hi

if your still looking to have your device unlocked please view our item no : 161204237684

regards

Which seller are you using?

• Advertisement

Lads, you can buy the 4G Moto G version for €170 delivered from Meteor!

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/moto-g

That seems to be the best deal now that the £15 off Tesco code doesn't seem to work any more

I wonder how long its been up?

I only saw it by chance.

Doge wrote: »
    Which seller are you using?

lineout communications

Hi

regards

Having the same problem myself, have tried it with two ebay unlockers and both have come back saying that my unlock code wasnt found/not available and that for a cost of around £7 it can be unlocked.

eg: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unfound-Rejected-Motorola-Moto-G-XT1032-Unlock-Code-Ask-us-when-Others-failed-/331109267318?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item4d17a67776

Seems to be more of an issue with the 4G versions.

May have to cough up to unlock :o

Having the same problem myself, have tried it with two ebay unlockers and both have come back saying that my unlock code wasnt found/not available and that for a cost of around £7 it can be unlocked.

eg: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unfound-Rejected-Motorola-Moto-G-XT1032-Unlock-Code-Ask-us-when-Others-failed-/331109267318?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item4d17a67776

Seems to be more of an issue with the 4G versions.

May have to cough up to unlock :o

Yea i noticed that myself about it only been the 4g devices givin trouble, one unlock crowd on ebay has it advertised not to bother pay if it is a 4g phone as their servers are not returning codes.

i purchased an unlock code for a tenner yesterday morning and im still waiting for them to email me back, they said it could take up to 3 days.

im regretting buying the locked phone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Yea i noticed that myself about it only been the 4g devices givin trouble, one unlock crowd on ebay has it advertised not to bother pay if it is a 4g phone as their servers are not returning codes.

i purchased an unlock code for a tenner yesterday morning and im still waiting for them to email me back, they said it could take up to 3 days.

im regretting buying the locked phone now!

yep so am i big time, just got the phone today and heading overseas on monday for a month.

fecking need the phone unlocked quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

ah no lads you have me worried now :(

Has anybody got an unlock code for their 4G Moto G?

still waiting for the ebay crowd to send me my code, on day 3 now, it said 1-3 days tho

still waiting for the ebay crowd to send me my code, on day 3 now, it said 1-3 days tho

Keep me posted! I'm on day 1 of a 'not found' unlocking service after trying 4 different eBay sellers and no joy.

I too am regretting not buying the sim free model

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

ah no lads you have me worried now :(

Has anybody got an unlock code for their 4G Moto G?

Me too. Anybody got a Tesco Moto G 4g Unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

In fairness it's still not a bad price for an unlock.

Advertisement