Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Daniel Bryan the most over wrestler since Stone Cold? *spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Yes chant is part of the Daniel Bryan gimmick. I think that's a weird thing for them to think. Like saying it's not The Rock that was over instead all his catchphrases. Silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Also, Bryan pretty much always delivers a good match http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/22/the-rise-of-daniel-bryan-statistics/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As regards why Daniel Bryan is over, I do think the Yes chants have been a huge part in Bryan being as pushed as far as he has been; but that's hardly a new thing. Cena, for example, got pushed big because the rap gimmick took off in a big way.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some with daggers out backstage for him. Putting him in a feud with Kane is bad enough, but having him come out with Brie feels like another obstacle. I always hated it when babyfaces came out with their partners. Remember Taker and Sara? Maybe there are some backstage who want to not necessarily see him fail, but rather 'cool him off'.

I'm sure many are still annoyed that the Rumble match and the plans with Batista were derailed by the fans. If the long-term plan is to have Roman Reigns standing tall at next year's Mania then they might be putting plans in place to ensure that the Daniel Bryan die-hards don't spoil the agenda for a second year in a row.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

His over enough to be on the promotional material such as the commemorative chairs:

10326647_241085162747284_793444981_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Same story is being discussed in the other thread, tbh I think it's B*llocks - He's plateud since WM eh? Since then he missed one week cos he got married plus his dad died the next week and its only been one month. I'd imagine they are working the IWC and making him more of an underdog / the man the company wont get behind so that the fans get behind him even more as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Imagine having heat after doing RAW hours after yer Da died? Nope? Aye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Imagine having heat after doing RAW hours after yer Da died? Nope? Aye.

Yeah how can he plateau when has been on a handful of a few shows? The shows he has been on have had TERRIBLE crowds too.

The ratings for him and general are fairly positive. On the other hand Cena is far and ahead of Bryan in the merchandise and drawing ability at the live gate. Bryan currently isn't showing signs he will be Cena's successor nor does it seem WWE is on the verge of hitting the eject button.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

One year on and those "YES!" chants seem to be getting less and less every week. Looks like Vince is finally getting his way in killing off Bryan as an upper card star.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think the time off has led to the dulling down of the chants. Bryan could have been more visible on his time off, I mean, there's 3 hrs of Raw to fill each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

He's still more over then most, you two make it sound like he's not getting a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's not really that. Its been carefully managed since Mania to create as few situations as possible where Bryan chants would start up.

Giving Bryan a number 1 contenders match also helped calm the outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just going back to what is more over - is it Bryan or is it YES.

To say YES is moreso i think is short sighted. Had the likes of Ryder, or even Sheamus or the likes tried it, I doubt it would have gotten so far. Bryan made YES and YES helped Bryan in that it made people more aware of him. If he had nothing in the ring and was poor charisma wise YES would be long forgotten.

That said people want to "YES" like they wanted to "WHAT" 10 years ago, so will use any oppurtunity they can to do it. But they would have that opportunity without Bryan getting it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Looper007 wrote: »
    He's still more over then most, you two make it sound like he's not getting a pop.

Ah no, I don't mean it like that at all!

Of course he is still more over than most. Likely still the most over. But what that being said, he doesn't seem as over as he had been (if that makes sense). Kinda like, if he was facing anyone, they'd cheer him only, and boo the opponent, no matter who that was. But now, it's like he's not as much of a golden boy with the crowd. For instance, when he faced Roman there, a fair portion of the crowd were cheering for Reigns too.

Advertisement