Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The old Penny Catechism

Options
  • 28-10-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi All , I am looking for two catechism, one was used in our schools in the early 1900s, I think called The Penny Catechism and the second is the one I had myself in primary school during the early 1960s . I think it had a green cover. I would be prepared to buy both or one of the books if they became available.
    Regards
    Liam C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I too would like to purchase these

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Hi All , I am looking for two catechism, one was used in our schools in the early 1900s, I think called The Penny Catechism and the second is the one I had myself in primary school during the early 1960s . I think it had a green cover. I would be prepared to buy both or one of the books if they became available.
    Regards
    Liam C

Disposed of one of those when I moved home last autumn, along with other memorabilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Pity you let it go!

My Gandmother was looking for an older version used in the schools around the 1940's, I've seen a few versions on the internet, she says it had a green cover and was only a few pages long.

Hope somebody has one somewhere, it would make her very happy to get her hands on it.

Anyway, please let me know if you come across one in the future! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Did you try Veritas? I think there is a newer edition available. May not be what you are looking for but might jog her memory.

Advertisement