Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In car entertainment system

Options
  • 11-12-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi guys and dolls just gotta ask for the missus,is it possible to change the stereo in newer cars like when the existing stereo is built in to the dash,she really likes the look of the double din units...thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Keiweb

Sorry it's a Mitsubishi lancer,08 model,she only got it a while ago

Oh yeah. That'd be no problem. You'd probably need to look for one that'll be compatible with your wheel controls.
    Not sure if the Bluetooth (if fitted) is part of your existing stereo. My brother has wheel controls for Bluetooth on his 09 lancer.

The interior of the lancer could be jazzed up for sure

Is it just for the look that you want to do it? If it were me I'd look for an iPod interface and maybe a leather interior. The gear shifter ruins the interior for me, maybe change that.
    I think you can get a fake carbon fibre trim kit for these too.

See what interior goodies the evo gets

• Advertisement

Yes exactly,sounds good,just wasn't sure if the stereo could be changed but a nice bright unit should do the job

You'll need a different fascia panel that includes the centre vents AFAIK.
    does yours have Bluetooth?

Yea,just seen a vid off YouTube there now with a guy installing a stereo and saw the facia kit separate,looks pricey

Advertisement