Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Hook finished with Newstalk

Options
  • 01-04-2014 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

George Hook is finishing up with Newstalk. He's becoming the Irish ambassador in the US. I for one will miss him. He's a bit of craic especially on Friday. I've been fortunate enough to meet him on a couple of occasions and you couldn't meet a nicer fella.

Best of luck Geroge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

April fools

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    George Hook is finishing up with Newstalk. He's becoming the Irish ambassador in the US. I for one will miss him. He's a bit of craic especially on Friday. I've been fortunate enough to meet him on a couple of occasions and you couldn't meet a nicer fella.

Best of luck Geroge

*facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I hold my hands up. George Hook and Newstalk got me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thought it was a bit weird, like wtf was that auld fart at this stage of the game swanning off to the US for, then remembered what day it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I can't believe that anyone fell for this for even one second - it was as a rubbish attempt at an April Fool's joke as I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

Aging, fat, balding, loud mouth who continually drones on about America. Its obvious that he should be filing the empty residence in the Phoenix Park as US ambassador to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭username2013

****e. Read this and was delighted. Cannot stand his show (although he is not as bad as Ray Darcy - not saying much in fairness.). Dont' think I know any other show where experts on certain areas come on and then George proceeds to pontificate to them! What a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

* Dont' think I know any other show where experts on certain areas come on and then George proceeds to pontificate to them! What a prick.

You obviously don't listen to Marc Coleman much!

The thing is, this is the kind of populist stunt you could just about imagine this government pulling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

I can't believe that anyone fell for this for even one second - it was as a rubbish attempt at an April Fool's joke as I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

I know of least one person who fell for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

More Music wrote: »
    I know of least one person who fell for it.

I know someone who did too.

Advertisement