Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pimp my Toyota yaris

• 27-11-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

i just bought a 05 yaris and i am just wondering what would i do to not make it a 'grannies' car. it is gold in colour

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Embrace the grannyness I say! It'll be cheaper
    Is it old or new model?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hondcush

Its an old model. its in good condition.
    Any ideas what i would do so i wouldnt look like a complete idiot

What spec is it, probably a strata?
    Colour?

Good colour. That (Quick silver) was originally only available on the T Sport IIRC.
    Standard 14 inch alloys on those are actually alright looking. I'd just lower it.

I had one in that colour as a company car years ago, lowered and on 15" TTE wheels. Looked well actually.

How much money are you willing to put into it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

T Sport bumpers and alloys would be first on my list. Is it 3 door?

toyota-yaris-tsport-view-download-wallpaper-800x600-comments_d88a8.jpg?i

Very unlikely to be 3 door if its 05. Agreed on the t sport bumpers and skirts but def needs lowering and wheels first
    Will be big enough money though. I'd concentrate on the lowering first, it really improves the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

That or just make friends with afew fatties

1.0 engine'll love that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Or let half the air out of the tyres. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Don't want to hijack the thread, I've been thinking of doing something my 06 5 door Yaris, but I suppose it'd probably be a bit silly on a 1.0L :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Not really, you could do what was mentioned above. Buy soem lowering springs and decent Toyota alloys, the springs will improve the ride of the car no matter what size engine it has.

How much would it cost to lower it

I'd guess at around €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Where would you get T-sport bumpers and skirts? Surely they'd be hard to find? Would they fit a 4 door?

Advertisement