Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw Radio reads (Disabled)

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi folks. Hoping that there's somebody out there that has maybe come across this or has a solution. I have an 04 318d bmw fitted with a bmw cd business radio and when I disconnected the battery the radio display reads DISABLED. To the best of my knowledge it's not a coded radio as there's no option to put in a security code so I'm assuming its something else. Hopefully somebody can enlighten me as to what to do next. The radio worked 100% before the battery was disconnected btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Going from experience in my workshop the reason your radio is displaying Disabled is that it is not recognising the cd changer which may be in the boot.
    You could disconnect all leads from the back of the radio for a couple of minutes. After reconnecting the leads you should hear the changer going through a cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

From googling it seems to be several opinions and for some the radio started working on its own after a while, for some the radio had to be pulled out.
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=879537
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391190

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Smokie399

Thanks guys. There is no cd changer in this car anyway or radio controls. I will certainly try disconnecting the radio for a while and see if that helps. There seems to be an intermittent problem aswell with the instrument cluster which I've just noticed. The backround lights don't always come on when I turn on the switch and the indicators don't flash on the intrument cluster either but they work outside. Tried changing lcm just there but no help. They seem to strangely start working again once the car is running for a few mins. I've heard it could be a kbus problem and the kbus may need to be reset and possibly the instrument cluster changed. Have ye got any idea how to reset the kbus as it looks like this may be causing the disabled message on the radio aswell. Thanks in advance guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Are you sure your battery is healthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Smokie399

bmstuff wrote: »
    Are you sure your battery is healthy?

Ya the battery is definitly perfect. Tested it and it starts first tip

• Advertisement
Advertisement