Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash out dilemma

Options
  • 17-05-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Lads hoping to get your help on this & mods please feel free to move is not appropriate forum

I've got a good accumulator goin with only West Brom v Chelsea left to play, I've backed the Chelsea win

The accumulator amounts to approx €1500, with PP offering me a cash out of €600

Should I take the gamble or go for the cash out?

Will Chelsea play a lot of youngsters tomorrow or go and try and get the 90points by fielding a strong team? I'm cluess on which way this one might go

Any thoughts very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Wait and see the teams.

Or cover your bet to guarantee some profit, do West Brom double chance.

Your call but I would definitely wait and see how strong a team Chelsea play before making the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ditto what DJ said.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Youve made your money, cash out. I always wish i'd listen to that statement myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You are being offered well below what you deserve to be fair.

Chelsea are evens to win.

Let it ride.

Disclaimer: I don't know what I WOULD DO in your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

As Callaway said, your position is worth €750 and they are offering you €600 for it.
    It is a bad deal but can you handle the risk?

You could always hedge part/all of it on Betfair.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 18 Wingful

PP cash out is usually dreadful value. At least bet fair cash out is somewhat fair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Always check what price the selection is on the exchanges before accepting any cash out offer.
    Most of the time you should be able to lay it on the exchanges at a better price then the cash out offer.
    Chelsea would normally be around 4/6 shots v West Brom but because they have already won the League, the possibility of them playing young or fringe 1st team players is greater than normal and they are currently evens.
    If the Chelsea team is not the usual 1st choice starting 11, I'd seriously look at cashing out but at that stage when the teams are announced it may be too late pricewise.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cobhlad

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Always check what price the selection is on the exchanges before accepting any cash out offer.
    Most of the time you should be able to lay it on the exchanges at a better price then the cash out offer.
    Chelsea would normally be around 4/6 shots v West Brom but because they have already won the League, the possibility of them playing young or fringe 1st team players is greater than normal and they are currently evens.
    If the Chelsea team is not the usual 1st choice starting 11, I'd seriously look at cashing out but at that stage when the teams are announced it may be too late pricewise.
    Best of luck with it.

You can do partial cashouts now on paddy if ya need the cash take out a certain amount let the rest roll or lay chelsea on the exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

depends on the stake surely? id say back 0-0,1-1,2-2,1-0,2-0,3-0,2-1,3-1,3-2 on betfair. there are some great prices there but you will have to stake close to 600 in bets.but if one of them wins you will get back more than 600 being offered now and if chelsea win you will get back 900 instead of the 6. tbh id probably let it ride until chelsea score or do a draw no bet on west brom at 15/8 for a couple hundred. good luck whatever you decide

id say back 0-0,1-1,2-2,1-0,2-0,3-0,2-1,3-1,3-2 on betfair

:confused:
    That's achieves nothing for the OP if on the off chance WB win 4-2 or any other scoreline that's not covered.
    Original stake not mentioned so may not suit OP either.
    Just lay Chelsea on the exchanges or if not comfortable doing that, back WB & Draw.

Big move Chelsea overnight, down to 17/20 now so check the cashout value as it should be a lot bigger now.
    Bear in mind, a bookie will never give you the "full" cash out value compared to an exchange though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Cheers lads appreciate it. The cash out has now gone up to €660 on my PP but think I'm going to go all out and hope for the Chelsea win

*still may cash out though once I've seen the Chelsea line-up, and unfortunately don't really have the cash on hand to try hedge my beat so nervous times ahead tonight

Chelsea win you win €1,500.
    Chelsea don't win you lose your stake whatever that was.

Chelsea are 1.85 to lay on Betfair so you could lay them to win €1,000 (less 5% assumed) to give you €950.
    You lose €850 if they don't but win €1,500 off the accum.
    So you either win €950 (less original stake) or €650 (1500 less 850 loss).
    You can tweek the numbers a bit better but I know which one I would be doing if I wanted to "cash out".

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Chelsea win you win €1,500.
    Chelsea don't win you lose your stake whatever that was.

Chelsea are 1.85 to lay on Betfair so you could lay them to win €1,000 (less 5% assumed) to give you €950.
    You lose €850 if they don't but win €1,500 off the accum.
    So you either win €950 (less original stake) or €650 (1500 less 850 loss).
    You can tweek the numbers a bit better but I know which one I would be doing if I wanted to "cash out".

hes taken all advice and made up his mind lets not try to change his decision. best of luck op hope it works out well for you

hes taken all advice and made up his mind

*still may cash out though once I've seen the Chelsea line-up

It always helps to have some idea of the different options available whether one is going to do them or not.

the chelsea lineup will be strong regardless. thats a pity you havent a few hundred in the acc mate as you could have waited for chelsea to score first then back with your own funds.

also im wondering if a bonus will apply. when i had an accume earlier in the season with 365 i nearly cashed out but decided to leave it. in the end my accume paid an extra 100(about 50%). had i cashed out wholly or partly id have lost any of that bonus.

i know pp used to do bonus for accumes too but not sure what bet youve done so not sure. even a 20% bonus for you would equate to a few hundred on top of the expected 1500 return.

just looked at pp site. if ur accume has 5 or more selections from the top leagues you will be paid a bonus of 20%

ianburke wrote: »
    the chelsea lineup will be strong regardless. thats a pity you havent a few hundred in the acc mate as you could have waited for chelsea to score first then back with your own funds.

also im wondering if a bonus will apply. when i had an accume earlier in the season with 365 i nearly cashed out but decided to leave it. in the end my accume paid an extra 100(about 50%). had i cashed out wholly or partly id have lost any of that bonus.

i know pp used to do bonus for accumes too but not sure what bet youve done so not sure. even a 20% bonus for you would equate to a few hundred on top of the expected 1500 return.

just looked at pp site. if ur accume has 5 or more selections from the top leagues you will be paid a bonus of 20%

Still no sign of that line-up but I'm still favouring going for the Chelsea win!!

yeah that's correct man, I've included that 20% bonus into the final figure as it has 6 teams as I do the coupons accul bonus, original winnings would be €1350

Don't think PP offer that bonus tho on a cash out??

Less than 2 hours to go till final decision, then a nightmare 90 mins to watch if I decide to stick with going all out, feck!!

yep bonus is lost with any form of a cashout. mourinho might go attacking tonight. theyve come in for a lot of criticism for the way they play. now with the league wrapped up hopefully theyll go out looking to score goals tonight. chelsea to scoore 2 or more at evens looks tempting i think ill have a bet on that

Line ups will be out on Twitter an hour before ko which will be 7pm or thereabouts.

remy and costa so he is attacking

Costa starts!
    Chelsea now 1.79/1.8 on Betfair.

• Advertisement

Right lads thanks again for your help, let's go for the full whack! Jaysus don't know if I'll be able to watch it but I'll try

gutted for you mate.

Big ask now :( #PrayForBean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm actually hoping Chelsea turn it around here. And I f*cking hate Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Puke

Cheers for the woes, prayers & Chelsea haters wanting them to win, PP have dropped the cash out now to €130 so JM please please turn this around.!!

What was your stake mate? I'd nearly be tempted with that, I can't see Chelsea getting 2 if i'm honest.

What was your stake mate? I'd nearly be tempted with that, I can't see Chelsea getting 2 if i'm honest.

Cash out now unavailable, copy & paste job:

Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    Liverpool v Crystal Palace
    16th of May 2015 5:30 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Crystal Palace @ 8/1
    Win

Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    West Ham v Everton
    16th of May 2015 3:00 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Everton @ 9/5
    Win

Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    Everton v Sunderland
    9th of May 2015 12:45 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Sunderland @ 7/2
    Win

Football Matches
    Scottish Premiership Matches
    Aberdeen v Celtic
    10th of May 2015 2:30 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Celtic @ 3/4
    Win

Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    West Brom v Chelsea
    18th of May 2015 8:00 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Chelsea @ 17/20
    Pending

Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    Crystal Palace v Man Utd
    9th of May 2015 5:30 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd @ 17/20
    Win

Stake and Return Details
    Bet placed at 8th of May 2015 1:24 pm Total Stake €2.00
    Bet type Accumulator (6) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
    Number of lines 1 Total stake due €2.00
    Stake per line €2.00 Freebets Redeemed €0.00
    Channel Internet Total amount paid €2.00
    Number of win lines -
    Potential Returns €1,358.39
    Total Returns

Foooook!! Well that's that, 2-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hard luck Bean. You made some great shouts with Palace and Sunderland

Advertisement