Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Run - 16 bus

Options
  • 09-08-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

A simple enough query really. I have a passenger to collect at 11 AM Tuesday morning from the airport. The 16 from College Green seems ideal for me (I have a travel pass so I'm ignoring the 747 etc.).
    How long does the journey out take on average ? I don't want to be sat in the airport too early and turning up late isn't an option.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

There probably won't be traffic around that time so I would give yourself about an hour.

I used the 16 from grange road to the airport around 5/6pm and it took me about 1&1/2 hrs (it was rush hour though).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

RainBow_xo wrote: »
    There probably won't be traffic around that time so I would give yourself about an hour.

I used the 16 from grange road to the airport around 5/6pm and it took me about 1&1/2 hrs (it was rush hour though).

Thanks....more or less what I was thinking. I'll avoid rush hour and jump on about 9.30. Should leave me safe. Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

You could also get Aircoach from Suffolk Street / O'Connell Bridge which would be much quicker and accepts free travel passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

You're most welcome. I didnt realise Aircoach accepted travel passes. It would only take about 30mins with them from city centre, courtesy of their direct route.

Didn't know that about Aircoach either. Thanks. Knowing my cheeky monkey of an elderly aunt she'll want to bum a lift back for free with them as well. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Free travel passes are accepted on aircoach routes 700, 702 and 703.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Being totally honest I think you would be best walking to abbey Street and getting either the 41 or 33. They are regular enough but are far quicker as they don't go through the back of Marino/santry just up through santry village maybe half an hour on the bus with little to no traffic at that hour.

Being totally honest I think you would be best walking to abbey Street and getting either the 41 or 33. They are regular enough but are far quicker as they don't go through the back of Marino/santry just up through santry village maybe half an hour on the bus with little to no traffic at that hour.

In the end, got the 41 at about 10 AM. Bang on 30 minutes as you said. I just missed one so had to wait 25 minutes for the next but that was my bad timing.

Thanks to all of you for your help.:)

Advertisement